『 Chapter ☆ 6: The Temple of The Wolf 』

Font Key:

Bold = (With brackets is a small AN), to put emphasis on words in thoughts, also emphasis for anything extremely important (doesn't include minor emphasis (see italics) which is still important but not quite as important).

Italic = Flashbacks, words characters say to themselves in their heads uses " ", used to put emphasis on words in normal font. Can also be someone telling a story in not in the present if accompanied by these: 『 』

Standard = Present time, first person thoughts/observations that are not words a character speaks to them self in their head, with " " are words spoken out loud , words characters say to themselves in their heads durring flashbacks uses " ".

—— ~ ~ —— = The symbol for letters sent from Liyue

  ~ = Time skip (placed in the middle of the page)

~ ~ ~ = The break in the page to distinguish the difference between what is part of the story and what isn't.

** to find the music for the story swipe left on the picture at the top!**

~ ~ ~

Aether's POV

   I find myself wandering through unfamiliar streets in a city I've never seen before. Somehow, I feel that it's vaguely familiar. turning to my right, I notice Lumine with me. Her face is painted with a beautiful smile, excitement dancing in her eyes. The joy I feel is so immense that I can't help myself. I'm finally home.

   "Lumine, you're...you're here! I thought I lost you." I exclaim as I hug my twin. Returning my embrace, her golden eyes meet mine as she looks up at me.
   "What's this about? We've been together all day." She replies in a confused manner. "Does she not remember?" I think to myself. The thought is quickly discarded, "Aether, it was probably just a dream right? You should simply be happy that everything has worked out." All the while, Lumine has been patiently waiting for my reply. "Nothing...don't worry about it." I tell her.

   "...Okay then," my twin begins as she shakes her head from side to side. "Did you dream up something sad? If you want, you can tell me." She continues as she gives me a look full of concern.
   "Like I said, it wasn't much. You being here is more than enough to ease my worries." I reply, making sure to emphasize it's lack of importance. As we continue down the streets weaving through the crowd, I ask her about our surroundings. "Where are we?" I ask.

   "I didn't think you'd forget something like that idiot. We've been in Khaenri'ah for some time now. Weren't you just as eager as me to meet them?" Lumine questions, a playful hint to her tone. "Meet someone? Maybe, could it be?  The person I've struggled to remember." I mull this over for a bit. It's really too good to be true.
   "Did you change your mind about ̴̳͝ ̵̥̀ͅ ̸͈̄̆ ̶̩̽ ̸̜̍͘so quickly? Hmm, if you don't want to go, I won't stop you, but you'll be spending the day alone." She says matter of factly, a tiny smug smirk on her face.

   As much as a small part of me really wants to let go of someone I can't remember and continue to travel to different worlds with Lumine, a stronger, more determined part of me is crying out. 'You're making a mistake! Don't do it.' I also can't bear to make my sister leave this person behind. The sparkle in her eyes, there's something different about it. It's not like the way she looks at me or even our parents before we set out on our journey. The word to describe it is buried though. When you go to so many places and experience so many things, memories begin to fade. Their faces, though forever clear in my mind, are unable to make me recall their wisdom.