『 Chapter ☆ 4: Shopping In Mondstadt 』

Font Key:

Bold = (With brackets is a small AN), to put emphasis on words in thoughts, also emphasis for anything extremely important (doesn't include minor emphasis (see italics) which is still important but not quite as important).

Italic = Flashbacks, words characters say to themselves in their heads uses " ", used to put emphasis on words in normal font. Can also be someone telling a story in not in the present if accompanied by these: 『 』

Standard = Present time, first person thoughts/observations that are not words a character speaks to them self in their head, with " " are words spoken out loud , words characters say to themselves in their heads durring flashbacks uses " ".

—— ~ ~ —— = The symbol for letters sent from Liyue

  ~ = Time skip (placed in the middle of the page)

~ ~ ~ = The break in the page to distinguish the difference between what is part of the story and what isn't.

** to find the music for the story swipe left on the picture at the top! Recommend that you put the song on loop if possible if not, you're just gonna have to scroll back up when the song stops playing**

(I was thinking of doing one image at a time so the next chapter will probably have Kaeya as the chosen one. It may be Jean or Lisa though, not sure yet. Diluc will probably have to get his in the chapter where we meet him canonically.)

~ ~ ~

(Y/n)'s POV

   Moving from my spot in the centre of the square, I walk at a leisurely pace.
   "Now, it's time to go shopping!" I say to no one in particular as I manifest my black cloak. I then proceed to pull it over my shoulders and the hood over my head while I review my mental to do list. I need to visit the alchemy research stand within the city to get a potion from Sucrose, purchase a few food items you can't find outside of a supermarket, pick up a sword I commissioned Wagner to forge a week ago and go shopping for new clothes. The need for new attire is because my previous Mondstadt clothing suffered an accidental run in with a pyro abyss mage, who signed the edges of the sleeves and skirt. If I have time, I may even stop by Angel's share to get myself some Wolfhook Juice. While I'm not against drinking alcoholic beverages, I prefer to not partake in more than a glass which allows me to stay aware of my surroundings. Though, it's already evening so I may go for a glass of dandelion wine instead.

   Weaving through the people on the streets, I finally reach Albedo and his assistant Sucrose's alchemy lab inside the city. Albedo's understudy Timaeus is organizing some shelves filled with ingredients in the back. Clearing my throat to let him know I'm here, the male turns around.
   "Hello! How can I help you?" The brunette asks me, putting down a bottle of crystalfly cores as his eyes scan my appearance. He seems to recognize me as the man nods in understanding. "Ah, yes. You're the young woman that comes by for those advanced healing potions from Sucrose. (Y/n) I think?" He says. "She said she finished them yesterday but unfortunately she isn't here. Currently the two of them are at Dragonspine Mountain and she took the bottles with her." The male informs me.

   Just my luck, but it isn't anything new. It's not that my luck is bad, — unlike a certain infamous adventurer I often hear about from the people in the Mondstadt branch when I go to search for new commissions — the green haired girl is simply a very busy person, always engrossed in her research. It's really an admirable quality however, the fact that she moves camps a lot makes it hard to track her down to pick up the item. I'll simply have to come back later.
   "Thanks for telling me this Timaeus, please let Sucrose know that I'll be in Mond for a while. I'll come back to check if she's here tomorrow." I inform the alchemist in training as I begin to leave.