16

Ross' POV

Today I had to leave her again. As soon as I opened my eyes, Marcus told me about some urgent meeting about the Bianco's and some issues. Although it didn't seem like anything important right now, I still clenched my jaw in annoyance.

Lately, the Bianco's were really pissing me and my brothers off. After the past incident where Vincenzo tried to kill Marcus and I, things have gone worse. I had to leave the house pretty often to work, something Vicky and me weren't very happy about, specially since she started to call me Daddy.

I didn't mean to refer to me like that that night, but she didn't seem to mind and probably started to like it, and I did, too. That, and also, my brothers seemed to be jealous, so I was in a good mood.

Anyway, this meeting wasn't anything we weren't used to, as we had to finish planning a bank robbery. It wasn't really our thing, but since it was on Bianco's territory and some of his men worked there doing illegal stuff, we decided that it would be nice to give them a little warning. 

I asked Jake and Jeff to look after Victoria, too, although she would get angry if any of us actually told her that. But they were as busy as we were.

The meeting was going as expected, just me and some men talking for about two hours or so, until Williams showed up. His face was bruised, and a long cut was visible on his arm, still bleeding.

He was too agitated to even care, I guessed. He supported his body against the door frame.

"Williams, what happened?" I asked, standing up abruptly and some other guys did, too. Marcus just frowned and waited for him to respond.

"I-it was fuc-" he coughed, "fucking Vincenzo, his men beat me up. He must have sent them to follow me"

"H-how?" One of our men said, while other two helped Williams to sit, who groaned in pain.

"I don't know. I'm sure it was to warn us, too" Marcus sighed.

There was a brief silence before I slammed my fist on the table, making everyone flinch, except for my brother, who was sat with his arms crossed.

He wasn't as calm or quiet as Jeff, but he surely wasn't bad tempered like me. Although, this time, he was obviously holding back.

We all expected a move from them, but not this. Williams was barely reachable, and was one of my best men and kind of my best friend. He couldn't be found anywhere, and Marcus and I made sure of that, my brother doing some hacking stuff and I just making allies here and there.

Only we and some of my men knew about this, and where to find him. We had a traitor and we needed to find him.

What's worse, I needed to do a lot of work.

"Meeting ends here. We'll continue with everything as planned"

"But boss, we-"

"I SAID GET OUT" I yelled and the guy flinched. I was too angry to think properly, and now I needed to get home and do something about it, and quickly.

Everyone left, not before ordering them to bring someone to treat Williams' wounds. He groaned in pain again as he held her abdomen, they might had kicked him there a couple times.

"Shit, Ross. What ar-are we gonna do?"

"Well," Marcus spoke "we go home and I try to find out how this happened, and I guess Ross and Jeff will handle the rest"

I gritted my teeth and headed outside, followed by Marcus as some men entered to help Williams.

...

Victoria's POV

After that night a couple days ago, everyone at the mansion seemed to be in a really good mood.

It still embarrassed me to call Ross "Daddy" in front of the brothers, but sometimes it slipped my mouth and they didn't cared either.

They all started babying me more, if possible, something that was both nice and annoying, depending on the situation. I didnt know when this became normal to us, and why I enjoyed it. Sometimes I felt smaller than some days, and of course sometimes I didn't feel like that.

Anyway, since the storm incident, I became more dependant and clingy to Ross. Every time I saw him, I would stay with him and ask for a cuddle or something. Even when he was busy, he would still do it at least for some hours before going to work again.

But today he had to attend a meeting somewhere, and he wouldn't tell me where or why. None of the Caruso's ever told me about their work, and it bothered me.

That left me huffing in annoyance on the couch, as only Jake was there and still seemed to be pretty busy with some paperwork. He checked on me a couple times though, which I found weird but nice.

Anyway, I suddenly heard the door harshly get opened, as two tall figures showed up. I surprisingly widened my eyes as Daddy and Marcus entered wearing his typical suits, but this time with clear anger. I had never seen them like this, and honestly it was so scary, and of course they were mafia men, but still.

Ross yelled Jeff's name, and he showed up instantly.

"We have a damn traitor, we need to fix this or they'll mess with us really good" I heard.

They talked for a minute until I saw Jeff and Marcus both going upstairs. That's when I slowly went to Ross, who seemed pretty agitated. I didn't like seeing him like that, and also his state was scaring me, but I decided to talk to him.

His hands were on the table, and he was breathing heavily. I padded to him and slowly touched his left hand, tracing his tattoos. Ross flinched at my touch, but I didn't move. Instead, I looked at him in the eyes, and even though he softened his expression, I could tell he was mad.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, work stuff" he growled and looked away, probably not wanting me to see him like that.

"Can I help you? I don't know what happened, but maybe I can be of help"

He immediately gazed at me, and I could swear I saw flames in his green eyes. I had never seen him like that, and I stepped back at the sudden change.

"What could you know?"

And with that, he left me alone in the living room. Ross headed to his office and slammed the door, making me flinch at the noise. My heart was pounding at his sudden actions, he had never been like this, so why...?

I then saw Jake standing on the stairs, apparently he had watched everything. I was so pissed at everyone for treating me as if I knew nothing, never telling me anything and babying me all the time. It's not that I didn't like it sometimes, but that's not the point. For the first time since I got here, I was genuinely angry.

Jake got to me as soon as Ross locked himself in the office. I was about to protest and tell him to leave me alone, when I heard a sigh and a pair of muscular arms around me. Jake's hug made me whimper for some reason. I was feeling too many emotions and I suddenly felt... good.

I would have cried if I hadn't been too upset to even think about it. But I did feel sad, too. I wrapped my arms around his torso, barely reaching his chest to be honest. This was annoying, I was feeling impotent at everything.

"I was trying to help. No one ever tells me anything" I confessed.

"I know" he said, "Come here"

Jake effortlessly picked me up and took me to his bedroom, rubbing circles on my back.