32

In the end, Ross managed to put Vicky to sleep, but only for an hour or so. When she woke up tough, she started crying for him again, afraid he might had left for some reason. Of course he appeared in a matter of seconds, picking her up again and getting her to calm down in no time.

"You really don't want Daddy to leave, do you?"

She didn't respond, but simply started caressing Daisy's hair while he took her somewhere else. Even though the girl didn't say anything, she was happy to be alone with Ross (except for the goons outside the house and stuff, but she didn't really pay attention to them).

And even if the whole situation could be kind of tiring for him, he really liked the feeling of being close to her, and protect her.

He thought of what they could do the rest of the day, because they both understood that going out too often could be dangerous. But if she was with him, of course she would be more than safe anyway. After all, he didn't want her to watch TV the entire afternoon.

"Okay princess, I think it's high time you eat something" he said, more to himself.

Ross took her to the kitchen and made her sit so that he could prepare something. He didn't want to call the chef over that, also because the truth is he liked cooking sometimes (even if he wasn't that good at it). Specially for his little girl.

He realized there were some dinner leftovers from the night before, so he supposed that would be fine.

Ross placed Vicky's plate in front of her and this time she started eating by herself, and he did the same. Carl's beef and mashed potatoes were delicious for all of them, and, well, that's why he was their chef.

"I'm done" she softly said once she was full.

Ross arched an eyebrow at her and pointed at her plate.

"You missed your veggies, Vicky"

"Uh-uh. I no want to"

"Well, then. You can stay there until you eat them all"

Ross finished his own plate and left it on the sink, grabbing his phone and scrolling through it. Victoria was dumbfounded, usually, she would get away with her cute expressions and everything, but it didn't work that time.

Also, she didn't like him being so serious about it. She liked vegetables, but she just didn't feel like eating them.

"Daddy, I don't want them!" She whined, but he didn't answer. He kept messaging or simply doing anything else on his phone, completely ignoring her unless she ate her food, which, at this point, was getting cold.

Victoria huffed and grabbed both her fork and knife and roughly threw them to the floor, frustrated at him for not paying her any attention. Ross, on the other hand, knew she could throw a tantrum any minute, and she did. She just wanted to show him she wasn't having it.

He directed her a disapproving look and locked his phone, putting it on the table.

"Now why did you do that?"

His stern tone, more like a mafia rather than a daddy one, made Vicky instantly regret her actions. But she wouldn't show him that. One of the things she had learned from living with four mafia men and their goons was not to look scared. Even though, it was easier said than done.

"I don't want to..."

"And what did I say?"

Victoria simply huffed again and looked away, completely failing the "not show him how scared I am" idea.

"I asked you a question, Victoria"

Ah, the girl also hated when he called her that, because she knew it was serious and, basically, every time he said it, his voice was too stern. Ross only used that name whenever she wasn't "behaving well" or something.

"I don't care!" she almost yelled. Couldn't blame her, the girl was getting nervous by his stare, so she simply said it like that.

In a second, Ross stood up and picked her up from the chair, startling her and beginning to walk to the living room. He didn't like to punish her, but he also didn't like to spoil his little girl. Thankfully though, she usually was a good girl, so it was very weird for her to act like that. He took a mental note to talk about that later.

"Since you're being a brat, I'll treat you like a brat"

"Let me goo" she whined, pointlessly wiggling to escape. Of course he was stronger, so she barely did something.

Ross put her down, making her stand facing the corner. Even in little space, it was humiliating for her to be in that position, so she mentally thanked the fact they were alone.

"You're going to stay there until you calm down, and when you do, you're going to eat your vegetables like a good girl. Understood?"

Victoria tried to escape. Key word, tried. Ross grabbed her again and did the same thing as before, this time, looking at her in the eyes and making her look at him, too.

"If you try to run again, I'll also add spankings" he carelessly said, making her froze instantly. He'd never spanked her, nor she ever thought he could. "Understood?"

"Y-yes"

"..."

"Yes, Daddy"

Ross handed her the stuffie that was near them and made Vicky face the wall again, then went to the kitchen to warm up her food. He didn't like seeing her crying. Definitely something was going on, or maybe she was just feeling like throwing tantrums. Either way, he would speak to her.

There was an uncomfortable silence in the mansion. He saw her with puffy eyes, hugging her stuffie and sniffling from everything that had happened. Victoria felt humiliated, but that wasn't the reason she was so upset over it. She hated when he turned stern, and she hated him being angry at her. Even if Ross couldn't ever get angry at her.

Victoria regretted behaving like that, but it was kind of out of her control. Sometimes she just felt like it.

The girl patiently waited for him to come back, as she alredy felt more calmed after fifteen minutes.

Ross approached her and crouched to her level. He made the girl look at him, softly looking at her eyes.

"Are you better now?"

"Uh-huh"

"Shall we go finish you food, then? We can do wathever you want later, baby"

She shyly nodded and looked away, not wanting to look at him.

"What is it? Did Daddy scare you?"

Victoria nodded. Ross picked her up and bounced her a little while heading to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry for scaring my little princess. But next time, do not throw tantrums, yeah?"

"Yes! Sorry, Daddy"

In the end, she finished her vegetables and he picked her up, again.

Hi :)

I'm sorry if this chapter is short 😅
Also, thank you for worrying! I'm alright now, so hopefully I'll update more often.

Have a nice day ❤😊