37

"So you're feeling good now?" Marcus asked, his full attention on the sleepy girl in front of him.

"Uhm, I guess. I still feel a little weird, though"

Truth be told, Victoria felt kind of shy all of a sudden. She could see the lack of sleep in his eyes, and of course it was because of him taking care of her. Plus, she always felt that way with everyone whenever she got out of her little space, even if it was only for a few moments.

Marcus didn't mind though, and frowned instead.

"I see. And did you not sleep well?"

"Uh not really, but I'll be fine once I have breakfast." she admitted. "Thank you so much for yesterday, Marcus. Sorry if I gave you a hard time"

"It's okay, really. I'm glad you're okay now. Just no more staying outside late at night, yeah?"

She blushed at that. Ross was more intimidating than Marcus because he was her "daddy", but that didn't mean the girl wouldn't feel shy around his brother. His deep voice and stern yet soft face made her feel that way.

"He's right" Ross added, who was drinking some coffee right behind them. "I don't get how could you be so careless"

"Okay, okay, I get it. Thanks for worrying" Victoria chuckled.

They all talked for a while until the brothers had to leave, which made the girl pout. She didn't notice it, but every time any of the Caruso left (specially Ross), she only felt more little. They chuckled at her reaction, but promised to come back in no time.

Vicky thought of bothering Jeff because he was the most likely not to get annoyed, but in the end she decided to play with her cat for a while, like every day.

...

The day went as usual, everyone working on whatever they needed to, and Vicky keeping herself busy by studying or scrolling through her phone until it was around 5 pm, her favorite moment of the day, because that's when at least one of the brothers showed up after work.

She wondered how had she got used to that routine, and how she got involved in a mafia living comfortably at their hous- well, mansion. Surrounded by lots of money, expensive cars and luxurious clothes not only in everyone there, but also in the fancy dresses and stuff she got. How did she go from living a boring and hard life with her mother, to living like that?

What was more important to her was the love she was giving and receiving, though. That's what she valued the most.

Victoria soon realized she had been so into her own thoughts for a good couple hours, and so she expected Ross to come any minute to cuddle as usual, and maybe watch a movie. Maybe they could color a nice picture even...

But it didn't happen.

She didn't find that really important at the beginning because maybe they were just busier than usual. But, the girl waited and waited for what seemed like forever (although it was barely an hour or so) and huffed, wondering what had them all, especially her daddy, so busy. Victoria understood that she couldn't interfere with their work, because she was a "good girl" (as Ross had called her), and good girls behaved. That and also, they didn't want her to get involved in any dangerous situation.

But what could go wrong? She suddenly had an idea. Any other day, she wouldn't mind, but even if Vicky wasn't feeling little right then, she still wanted to cuddle with Ross o play videogames with any of them.

So she headed upstairs and was about to knock on Ross' door, until she heard some screaming between the brothers, making her flinch.

"I'm tired, Ross!" Marcus exclaimed, followed by his brother.

"What do you want me to do, Marcus? I can't solve any of this easily. Do you think I'm happy by dealing with it?"

"Then, let's get rid of that already" Jeff said. "We wouldn't have so many problems if it wasn't for that, Ross"

"Jeff. If I could, I would have ended this long time ago, don't you think? You know killing wasn't an option"

Victoria held her breath. Were they talking about her? No, that couldn't be... right?

She couldn't help but being upset at those words. Were the Caruso were getting tired of her? Come to think of it, their life must had been less complicated before she arrived at their house. And that was probably the reason Ross was spending more time away from her, getting busier every day.

"And we've been dealing with all of this since Vicky arrived!"

Silence. That sentence made everyone shut up and try to calm down, as they were all upset about whichever matter they were discussing. Vicky was in disbelief after what she'd heard from the Caruso's. She also felt so stupid because of how she had always believed that they completely liked her and stuff, but of course it wasn't like that.

It was when she saw their expressions through the slightly-opened door that she started to silently cry.

"So what are we gonna do?"

"End this, once and for all"

She tried to compose herself, but also understood that she had to leave that place. How could she be so dumb? Of course they didn't like her, and of course they weren't interested in taking care of her to begin with; they were part of a mafia, so it was ridiculous.

Trying not to make any noise, she quickly went downstairs and put on a jacket, making sure no one was watching her to avoid any conversation.

She couldn't even think properly. What did Ross mean by 'end this'? Victoria didn't know, and she was sure she didn't want to know either.

...

Heey 👉🏻👈🏻

I owe you a big sorry for my absence these past months. I've been really really busy studying for university and trying to find a job (it's really hard here unless you're super experienced, at least it's my experience lol) so it's really stressful hehe.

Thank you soo much for +1 million reads! I can't believe this story became that important 🥺🥺♥️

Here's today's chapter. I hope you liked it ^^