20

Victoria's POV

"Who's this?" he asked.

My heart started pounding faster at the sudden face. To say I felt like crying was an understatement, I was sleepy, hungry, and now shocked at this man.

He was handsome, but not as much as daddy or his brothers. He was tall, too (why were everyone so tall?), and was also wearing a suit. I noticed he had a broken arm and some wounds that were healing, specially one across his face that didn't seem too bad. I panicked as now I was sure he was part of their mafia, too, but Jeff shushed me as if it was nothing.

The man stared curiously at me, feeling uncomfortable, too.

Ross just glared at his brother.

"I thought you were coming in about an hour" he said through gritted teeth. I knew he didn't say that to me, but I still felt guilty. I just wanted to sleep.

"Uh, well, Vicky was sleepy and getting kind of grumpy, so we finished earlier. Right, baby?"

The other man cleared his throat and Ross let out a sigh, before turning to him. At this point, I was still hiding on Jeff's chest, hoping we could hurry and get upstairs alredy.

"Williams, this is Victoria. Baby, this is... Williams, he works with us. He's my best friend, too. Kind of" Ross said, mumbling the last part.

I squirmed in Jeff's arms so that he could put me down. He hesitantly did and I looked at the man. Daddy nodded at me, signaling it was okay.

"Uh... hi" I said, not really looking at Williams in the eyes. He blinked a couple times.

"Hi there, uh, you are...?"

"She's our guest, and she'll be staying with us from now on. Now, let's go finish our discussion in my office" Ross stepped in, probably by seeing how uncomfortable I was.

"Cold as ever, aren't you?" Williams rolled his eyes and turned to me with a small smile. "It was nice meeting you, Vicky. Hope to see you again"

And with that, they both headed to Ross' office before I could answer. I didn't get what he meant, but I couldn't process anything either. I softly pulled Jeff's sleeve for him to pick me up and take me to bed. It still surprised me how easily they picked me up and carried me as if it was nothing.

Anyway, he had told some guys to bring everything we had bought to my room before we entered, so I didn't worry too much about our stuff.

"Uh, that was uncomfortable, wasn't it?" He said as he waited for me to change my clothes. I mean, letting Ross do it was something, but I didn't have that trust with the others. Jeff patiently waited for me.

"Uh-huh" I simply said, rubbing my eyes. Jeff chuckled at me again, laying me on bed once I finished.

"I shouldn't let you sleep at this hour, but it can't be helped. I'm gonna wake you up in a while to eat some dinner, yeah?" I nodded at him, and he suddenly gasped, as if he had remembered something. "Ah, right. I told Aaron to leave your stuffie here"

Jeff opened his closet and took out the cow, giving it to me.

"Thank you" I said, smiling and hugging it tightly.

"You're welcome, princess. What are you gonna call it?"

I blinked, unsure of what to say. No one had ever asked me that, so I quickly thought of some name. I found it cute how much he cared about me, even if we didn't get to spend time together too often.

"Uhm... Daisy"

"That's a pretty name, baby" he smiled, "Okay, sleep well"

Jeff ruffled my hair and left, and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

...

Ross' POV

It was about 2 am now, and I finally finished some paperwork for today. Alistair had left pretty early, fortunately, so he didn't bother too much. Even if he was my friend, it was annoying to have unexpected visits.

"So, are you gonna explain it or what?" Williams said. Honestly, it wasn't that bad to tell someone about Vicky. It made me feel less pressured, although he didn't have to find out now, at least not this way.

"It's a long story, but all you need to know, is that her mother is a bitch. Victoria wasn't having a good time in her house, so I- we decided to let her stay here, and it's been good for all of us"

Williams took out a cigarette from his pocket and lighted it. The smell of smoke was something we were all used to, specially in every business meeting we had to attend to. I kind of quit smoking because of Vicky, but sometimes I still did when there was a lot of work.

Alistair looked at me, signaling me to continue speaking, but I had nothing else to say.

"Are you kidding? Do you even know her full name?"

"Victoria Smith. You're not gonna do some background research on her, are you?"

"Why would I?" he huffed, "And what about this... relationship you guys have with her?"

To be honest, I wasn't expecting that question. It was something I simply didn't know how to answer. We just liked babying her and making her feel happy, and she was doing the same to us, giving this family some peace or something.

But even if he was my best friend, Williams' questions were getting annoying, just like him everytime he unexpectedly came here.

"I don't know, honestly. But it's kind of normal to us now. No one can know about her, at least, not yet"

Alistair didn't ask any more questions about it, just shrugged and we kept talking about some business and stuff. He left about an hour later.

I checked the time again before letting out a sigh, I also had lots of things to do tomorrow. Honestly, I was used to it, but it still was tiring. I took a sip of the whisky I had next to me before standing up to go to bed. I wondered how was Vicky's day, as I couldn't see her today because she instantly fell asleep.

I decided to spend the day with her tomorrow, even if I had to work. Anyway, Marcus could handle it.

I then heard a soft voice entering to my office.

"Daddy?"