29

"What happened?" Ross asked, picking the girl up.

Victoria squirmed in his arms, not really wanting to talk about that, even if that was a question for Williams. She just wanted to go alredy.

Ross rubbed circles in her back, his warm hand making her feel better already, but she still wanted to get out of there.

"You... you may want to take her with someone else, because you won't like this"

"Speak, Alistair" he impatiently demanded.

"Tom Brown tried to take Vicky with him and his friends, and insulted her. He almost hit her, too, but I appeared"

Ross' body tensed up and Vicky didn't like that. She whimpered because she knew that meant he would leave her now, but he needed to go "talk" to that Brown again, and make sure his family would be ruined from that night on.

Not only had they been messing with the Caruso and trying to uselessly make allies against them, but they had also made her cry.

If he wouldn't have been holding her right then, Ross would had definitely taken his gun out alredy. But he composed himself.

Jeff came right behind them, agitatedly speaking.

"You've found h- what's going on?"

"I need you to take her home, tell Jake to come here so that he can help me here"

"What are you talking about?" Jeff frowned.

Ross didn't answer, instead, he looked at the startled girl on his arms and softly said to her,

"I'll be quick, baby. I just remembered I have to make business with someone else, yeah?"

"Stay here, I don't want you to go" Victoria said, hiding further into the space between his neck and shoulder. He bounced her a little while watching Jeff grab his phone, so that he could tell Jake and Marcus about it.

"I'll go right behind you. The sooner you let me go, the sooner I'll be with you, yeah? Daddy has to go for a moment, princess"

"Stay" she softly demanded again, feeling her eyes watering alredy "please"

Ross let out a sigh. It was true that he wanted to chop off Brown's hand himself, to make sure he wouldn't touch her little girl again. But he also knew Vicky wouldn't let him leave without making a fuss, because she really wanted him then.

Plus, in Jake and Jeff's hands, he was sure Brown's weren't ever going to disrespect their family ever again.

"Jeff, then-"

"Yes. Leave it to us"

He nodded and signaled Williams to follow them, to which he didn't say a word.

Alistair just watched Victoria and Ross' interaction from behind, thinking that he had never seen his best friend like that, genuinely nice to a woman. The past few weeks, though, opposed to what he could had expected, Ross was even working better than before, planning and executing good strategies and stuff.

"Are you better now, bubs?" Ross asked her.

"Uh-huh. Wanna go home"

"Alright, it's okay now. We're going home so that we can put you to sleep, hm?"

The loud music and the cigarette and alcohol smell was starting to give Victoria a headache, so she squirmed and whined and he didn't say a word, he just kept walking until they reached the car, Marcus waiting inside alredy.

"I'm going on my car, I'll meet you there" Williams said.

Ross nodded and entered the car with the girl on his arms, who seemed to calm down as soon as the driver closed the door. Ross kept rubbing circles on her back as Marcus gave her an empathic look.