•1•

Bianca Jade

"But why!? This dress makes me look like I should be on my hands and knees in a church somewhere" I said honestly, pulling at the seems and adjusting the strap in the mirror that stood before me.

"It's nice, you look pretty Bianca" My mother rolled her eyes, standing behind me to look over my shoulder and at the dress.

"Remind me why I have to go to this again?" I turned my head to look at her over my shoulder. She placed her hands on my bare upper arms and let out a sigh.

"Because it's Midsummers. Your father and I go every year and it's only fair if you attend at least once" she leant forward and placed a kiss on my cheek, giving me a single pat on the shoulder before she stood back "Gimme a twirl"

I rolled my eyes and slowly twirled before her, letting the bottom of the dress slightly part from my legs and spin into the air.

"There" I pressed my lips in a thin smile and slapped my arms back down beside myself.

"You can do it without the attitude next time" she noted, pointing at my lazy expression "And put on that head piece, it won't kill you"

I groaned and picked up the head band from the dresser, throwing it over my hair with little to no effort.

"Are you sure I have to—"

"Bianca. Enough" she said sternly "We leave in 10" she picked up a loose shirt that was hanging off my bed and tossed it over her shoulder before completely leaving my room.

"Shit" I cursed under my breath, spinning back around to the mirror so I could see the dress again. The sight of myself like this made me gag, made me sick at the thought that I'm here while just on the other side of the bank are hard working people, trying to pick themselves up after the hurricane.

I never mean to sound ungrateful for what I have or to wish for a life other then the one I have but there was so many things that I would rather be doing right now then standing around, drinking fancy champagne and talking nonsense with a bunch of snot nosed Kooks.

Would rather be hanging with my friends, the friends that would never even have a chance to attend midsummers unless it was as the help.

"Bianca!"

"Okay, I'm coming" I sighed and brushed down my dress one last time, hoping I really didn't look as back as what stared back at me from the mirror.

I slowly passed to the stairs, an over dramatic sigh leaving my mouth at each step I went down until I finally stood in front of my parents and little brother.

"Woah you look weird" Corey teased, pulling at the bottom of my dress.

"Corey, stop— Mom!" I slapped his hand away. He laughed and brought his hand up to his chest, soothing over the red mark with a smirk on his face "You're disgusting"

"You two can't stand in the presence of each other for one minute without having a scuff, can you?" Our father walked in, playing with the long sleeves on his suit, letting them sit just at the end of his wrists.

"Corey started it" I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest. I know it looked bad to fight with siblings, especially since I'm 18 and he's only 14 but fuck he really annoys me sometimes.

"So you should finish it, you're the adult" Mother said as she walked in, throwing the strap of her purse over her shoulder "Are we ready?" She asked everyone.

"Yes, hun" my father answered. Corey gave her a short nod and I gave her a board expression, showing that I'd rather be literally anywhere else at this point.