•28•

Bianca Jade

It has been two months.

Two months and I didn't know how to feel. John B and Sarah were gone, I hadn't left my room in three days. They cornered John B and he had no choice but to escape, escape into the eye of a hurricane with Sarah. He was pronounced dead when the police turned up empty handed, him and Sarah, washed away at sea.

When I heard the news, I broke down. If it wasn't for JJ, I would of fallen to the ground. To hear that my best friends died, to hear they were never coming back—it was something I hoped I'd never have to even think about.

They didn't give him a chance, a chance to prove his innocence and he tried, he tried so hard but in the end, the justice system failed him—dragging Sarah down as well.

I refused to speak to anyone and everyone. Rafe's in the Hospital, he confessed to the killing of Sheriff Peterkin and instead of Jail, he signed a waiver saying he would attend therapy and spend a year in an institute for trouble youth.

It took Mom and dad two weeks to welcome me back into the house and still it felt like I wasn't wanted here, like my presence just annoyed them. Corey came by occasionally, talking to me and keeping me sane. Him and Wheezie had been dating for about two weeks now and i was happy for them.

I really was.

I wouldn't see Kiara, JJ or Pope. The didn't understand, none of them. John B was like a big bother, I'd known him most my life and to think that he's dead now, broke my already damaged heart.

Right now I laid Upon my pillow, staring up at the ceiling, watching my fan spin around. I mumbled a song under my breath and listened to the crickets tune. It was the middle of the night, 10:30 maybe and the house was dead quiet.

The silence was unnerving. It let my mind run free and it made me paranoid. Ward Cameron still walked with his head held innocently high and it made my blood boil. He managed to slither his way around the police and I couldn't do a thing.

Rich wanna be pouge against one of the richest people of the island, one of the most highly respected. They're all idiots, they cant see what's right in front of them, they can't see what's happening under their noses.

He was a murderer, a cheat.

He let Rafe take the fall, saying he had nothing to do with his sons scandals.

Fucking bullshit.

He denied to even being on the tarmac the day she died and they aye it up like it was nothing.

My thoughts were interrupted when a knock came to my door. I flinched and sat up, the sound startling me in the dead silence of night. I mumbled a come in and to my surprise, Wheezie pushed ripen the door.

"Hey, wheeze" I said quietly, pulling my legs up to my chest and hugging my arms around them.

"Hey, b" she said as she walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Where's Corey?" I asked.

"Asleep" she answered shortly and walked towards me, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Whats goin on?" I asked calmly, laying my head back.

"I miss her" she whispered, tilting her head down and taking her glasses off.

"Yeah" I gave her a small smile "I miss her too Wheeze" I pushed my legs down and leant forwards, opening my arms "Come here" I ushered towards her.