•3•

Bianca Jade

"So, like, my dads already gonna kill me so what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope asked, throwing a large log into the fire we currently conversed around, Kie and I still in our dresses from the party as I  sat with my head on JJ's shoulder.

"I second that" I tossed my hand up before letting it swing back to JJ's lap "My dads already planning what colour flowers he wants sitting by my coffin and my brother is currently preparing a speech about how much he's not gonna miss me" 

Kie laughed, throwing a small twig into the fire. I smirked, feeling my cheeks slightly sting from how much I had been smiling for the last hour.

"Might as well tell em" JJ shrugged, reaching up and cupping my cheek "Before we're gaffed" he took his hand down before reaching to the ground and picking up a stick, snapping it in between his fingers.

"You ready for this?" John B looked around to all of us. I blinked and slowly lifted my head off JJ's shoulder. He looked back at me, taking an eye brow and asking what was wrong but I just shook my head.

"What is it?" I asked, looking around to Kie and Pope who had the same confused expression.

"So, the gold never went down with the royal Merchant—"

"John B, are you kidding? Bro, my moms gonna kill me and This is the reason why—"

"No, B, just heard him out, alright?" JJ looked beside himself to me. I rolled my eyes and slumped my hand down, giving in to whatever he had to say.

"It's been here the whole time" John B smiled, looking into the fire "It's on the island" he looked towards Kie who chucked in a 'Are you serious?'

"I'd like to voice my skepticism"

"I'm sure you would, Pope" JJ and I both said at the same time, causing a small laugh to escape our mouths.

"You two scare me sometimes, so alike" Kie shook her head while looking at us.

"Guys we're getting off topic" John B stopped us "May I please present my evidence with you, sir?" John B stood up, bowing his head and rolling out his hand in a polite gesture towards Pope "This is a Letter from Denmark Tanny"

"Who—"

"Kie" John B looked besides himself. Kiara scoffed and looked towards the fire "Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant Wreck. Check this out" he pulled some paper from his bag before handing a single letter to Pope.

I shifted to the edge of the lodge, placing my hands together and out in front of me.

"Tanny used the gold from the Merchant to buy his freedom. After that, he bought his farm. Drumroll, please, because that farm is.."

Kie say ok the edge, drawing her bottom lip in between her teeth before she started to slap her knees in a hurried manor.

"Tannyhill Plantation"

"Tannyhill?" Kie stopped slapping her knees and looked up to John B in disbelief.

"Yeah. So, after that, he used his money to free more of the slaves and then sold a shit ton of rice, which pisses off all the white planters and they decide to lynch him. Before, he writes a farewell letter to his son and in the last line of that letter, he leaves a coded message about the gold" John B smiles.

"Where?" I asked, looking towards JJ, Pope, then John B again.

"Harvest the wheat in parcel 9, near the water. Except... there's no wheat. Wheat is code for gold" he smirked as my brain clicked and I blinked in disbelief.