•5•

Bianca Jade

The harsh light of morning shot through the open window of my bedroom and it was then that I realised what I had actually done last night.

I groaned and buried my face into my pillow, not wanting to face the day ahead. I reached down and picked up my shirt from the floor, tossing it over my head to cover my bare chest, I finally sat up.

Just in time there was a knock to my door. I cursed and under breath and shouted a small 'come in' I braced myself for the conversation as I watched my mom appear from behind the closed door.

As she stepped in I expected her to yell, curse me out, tell me I was the worst daughter in the world but as she walked in and sat on the edge of my bed, giving me a look of pure apology and worry ness, I furrowed my eye brows.

"Mom?" I tilted my head to the side and waited for her to explain the reason she looked so exhausted.

"There's been an accident" she said. I was still confused about what This had to do with me "It's John B"

At that second my heart dropped.

I felt my eyes water and my mouth run dry. A thousand possibilities filtered in my mind and I couldn't conjure any words.

"Wh— what is he ok? I- I— when did this happen? Where is he?" I leant forwards into my knees, blinking away the gloss and tears that threatened to fall down my cheeks.

"He's at the hospital with Sarah. I thought you'd want to know" she gave me a soft smile, placing her hand on my knee before leaving my room completely.

I slapped my hand Over my mouth and stood from my bed. The only thing running through my head right now is that I needed to see him, know what happened and find out if he's ok for myself.

"Hi. Um, here to see John B Routledge" I lifted my sun glasses, sitting them on top of my head as I spoke to the reception lady. She nodded and started to look through the small patient book that sat next to her.

"Bianca?" I whipped my head to the side and let out a relived breath when I saw Sarah.

"Thank you" I said to the women before storming over towards Sarah and wrapping her in a hug "Hi"

"Hi" she pulled away, the slightest mention of a tear in the corner of her eye.

"Where is he?" I asked "Is he ok?" She nodded her head and spun around.

"He's in here" she lead me towards a small Hospital room that was at the end of the hall of the first floor. Of course it was a shared room, only the worst for a pouge in this hospital.

I walked in and instantly too the sight of John B. He laid in the corner of the room, in the bed that was closest to the window. He looked to be awake but he was in bad shape. Dark circles formed under his eyes, his left arm fitted with a cast and he looked exhausted.

"John B" I walked over to beside him. He turned his head slightly at the mention of his name and the second he saw me his eyes lit up.

"Bianca" he said just above a mere whisper with a smile on his face "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? John B, what the fuck are you doing here?" I slid my bag off my shoulder and let it fall to the ground next to me. I was lucky I didn't have anything of real possession stored in there at the moment.

He looked around the room, only seeing the faces of Sarah and I before he started to talk.

"I fell off Hawksnest" he said and instantly my eye widened and my mouth dropped open in a silent gasp.