•19•

Bianca Jade

"Where's Rafe?" I asked, walking past Rose and into the house.

"He's not home. Sweetie, are you ok?" She asked, closing the door and turning around. I placed my hands on my hips and let out a sarcastic laugh.

"No. Your psycho husband—"

"Bianca" I froze in my place "What are you doing here?" I blinked at Rose before turning around to meet his hard gaze.

"Ward— what happened to your arm?" I asked, looking at the fresh bloody wound that was wrapped over in bandage on his upper arm. I could of sworn it wasn't there when we were on the boat.

"John B is what happened" he said, crossing his arms.

I frowned and shook my head "That's impossible. He didn't—"

"Yes. He did" he gave me a stern look, taking a step forwards to meet me "Listen to me and listen carefully. The sheriff department is looking for him, so, it's very important if you tell me where he is—"

"Oh, shit" I slapped my hand over my mouth "You crazy son of a bitch" I took a step back "I have to warn John B" I turned around and went to leave when Ward grabbed my wrist.

"Bianca, he's dangerous—"

"Don't fucking touch me, don't you ever touch me!" I shouted, tugging my wrist out of his grip.

"What's going on?" Sarah said as she walked down the last step.

"Nothing, go back to your room" Ward demanded. She didn't listen and took a step towards me.

"B, what's wrong?"

"Sarah, we have to go" I said, not taking my eyes off Ward "Now, John B's in trouble"

"What, John B—"

"Sarah" I looked at her "Quickly"

"No, honey—"

"Shut up, Ward" I shot him a dangerous look. Sarah nodded and rushed to the door, pushing her shoes on. I looked him up one last time before walking out the door with her.

We started to walk down the street, with the intention of heading to John B's.

"What was that?" Sarah asked.

"Your dad knows about the gold" I said, looking straight ahead of me.

"What—

"Cut the bullshit, Sarah. Did you tell him?" I asked seriously, my walk picking up the pace.

"No- no of course not" she scrunched up her face "Why would I?" She shot me a confused look.

"I don't— we don't know. All I know is that Ward knows we found the gold and know he's after it himself" I explained as we walked past the gates and out of kook territory.

"So, where's John B, what's happened?" She asked, trying to keep up with my frustrated pace.

"The wound on Wards Arm?" She nodded "I don't know who did that but it sure as hell wasn't John B, I was there. Ward attacked him and when we managed to get away, he was injury free— well besides the bruises he probably has on his back from me smacking him with the metal end of a fishing rod"

"You? Why were you on the boat?"

"I was with, Rafe— it's a long story" I shook my head, Rafe was the least of my worries right now. 

"So, John B didn't hurt my dad" she said in a tone of realisation.

"I can't believe you scarily think he would" I shook my head, noticing we were nearing JJ's house. I thought maybe we could ask him if he'd seen John B, tell him that he's in trouble.