Chapter 8・Zeref's Plan

As Lucy headed out, she decided to go to Clover Park and rest there. She loves that place, she loves everything about it. The tall trees, the endless grass, the sun, and the fresh air. It's like she was in a fairy tale.

As she arrived, she sat in a nearby bench and pulled out her phone and called someone.

"Hi Lucy."
"Hey, can you meet me in Clover Park?"
"Sure thing! I'll be there in 20 minutes."
"Ok, bye."

Lucy waited for 20 minutes till the person she called finally came. "Hey Lucy!" the person called out. "Hey Flare," Lucy replied. Flare had long red hair that's braided on each side and tied to the back and had red eyes. "How come you called me? Is there something wrong?" Flare asked sitting next to Lucy.

"You know what I am right?" Lucy asked. "Of course I do, we're best friends," Flare replied with a smile.

"Well, there's this guy... and Zeref wants me to kill him so I can save my parents. But I can't do that anymore. I started to l-love h-him," Lucy stuttered. Flare's hair started to light on fire as she gripped her hands.

"What is wrong with that guy?! He's so fucked up! How did he even get to be the master anyways?" she roared.

"I never knew how he became like that. He used to be the kindest guy that I've ever known. Me, him... and along with Mavis. We all played together as kids, but after the incident with her... he stopped talking to me."

"Then when I was 10 and he was 11, we started to talk again and it looked like he was getting back to his old self, until I realized what he's become. He started to talk about death, ruling over the world, and destruction, it also seemed that he's forgotten about Mavis, he's never talked about her."

"But when I start to, he just ignores me and changes the topic, like he's never known her.. and the next thing I know, he's kidnapped my parents and turned into a demon. But the only thing I don't get is why he wants me," Lucy explained. "It probably has something to do with her death then," Flare said patting Lucy's back.

"Well if it was, then the only thing I could ever wish for is that she never past away," Lucy said looking down at the ground.

・~・~・~・~・

"Lucy, do you remember when we were in junior high?" Flare asked. "Yes, why?" Lucy said. "Remember when I was super mad and you saw my hair on fire and I thought that I was going to turn bald and feel the pain of the fire?" Flare asked.

"Yup, but that was the moment you realized what your power was. So it was a good thing," Lucy said. "I was so glad that I've finally found my magic. How about you? What magic did you have before you became a demon?" Flare asked.

"I never knew, the only thing my mom told me is that I use keys. But what type of magic uses keys?" Lucy laughed. "Well it doesn't matter, I'm never going to be able to use whatever type of magic I had since I kind of already have one, but it's a curse... not magic," she said disappointed.

"It's okay Lucy, this curse that you have will be broken. All curses have some kind of flaw to it, so whatever it is, you'll find it soon. Now, it's getting dark and we need to go home, call me when you need anything else okay?" Flare comforted her.

"Thanks Flare, you're the best," Lucy hugged her and started heading their separate ways.

Flare's POV

As I headed home, I heard some noises. I turned around to check it out, but nothing was there. I shrugged it out and continued to walk, but I heard it again. I didn't care at all who or what it was so I started to fasten my pace.

As I went faster and faster, the noise kept getting louder and louder. I couldn't take it anymore so I turned around and saw red eyes staring at me very close. "Who are you?!" I screamed and lit my hair on fire.

I chained the mystery person with my hair and I started to recognize who it was.

"Zeref! Why are you following me?" I asked in anger. He smirked at me and didn't even try to break free from my hair. "To answer your question my dear, is so my future wife can finally kill Natsu. I don't want her loving anyone else but me," he replied and cut my hair off and broke free from my grasp.

"Come with me," he grabbed me and flew above the ground and into the sky. "Then why do you need me for?!" I yelled trying to free myself. "Well if she wants to rescue you, or get you back, all she needs to do is kill Natsu and then I'll set you free," he responded.

"I will never let that happen. Besides, how will she even know that I'm missing if she doesn't know?" I asked. "Mmm, good idea, let's get her to notice then," he said. "Shit, wrong words," I thought to myself.

I saw Lucy ahead of me as we came near her. "Lucy!" Zeref yelled making Lucy turn around, noticing us.

"Zeref! Put her down!" she demanded. "I'll give her back when you've killed Natsu," Zeref said flying up as we disappeared into the clouds. "You'll never get away with this!" I yelled at him. "You poor thing, but I already have," he laughed evilly.

I bit his thumb as an idea for him to let me go, and luckily he did. "Ahh!" I heard him scream as he let go of me. It's better to be dead than having Lucy loose her special someone. As I got closer to the ground, I felt arms around me. I opened my eyes and saw Lucy in her demon form.

"Sorry I took long," she apologized as she set me down to the ground. "Now, let's get you home before he-" she stopped talking as she fell to the ground. "I'm already here," I heard Zeref say as I saw him behind her.

"Lucy!" I yelled as I caught her with my hair before she fell to the ground. "What did you do to her?!" I hollered. "She's not dead, and why would I even do that, she's my future queen. Now let's go," he said grabbing my arm.

"No!" I yelled.

"Well too bad, you are," he said. And the next thing I know, everything went black.

Lucy's POV

I opened my eyes and realized I was on the ground. I got up and remembered that Zeref had Flare. I started to search everywhere, but they were no where to be found.

"No... not again," I cried, dropping on the floor. "Why does bad things always happen to me?"

☆彡。。。。。。。★彡

Hello minna! Today will be the last day of me updating this story(plus my other ones), so it will be on hold till I get back from my trip. Anyways I hope you like this chapter. Comment/vote, do whatever you like. Jā matane! (^o^)/