Chapter 13・Shocking Truth

Preview

"She's gonna kill me? Haha you must be joking," Natsu said. "I'm not joking at all. She's gonna kill you so she can turn back to normal," Kenko said. "Normal? What do you mean by that?" Natsu asked. "Natsu... she's a demon too," Kenko replied to him.

Natsu stood dumbfounded while Sting, still sitting on a neaby bench has popcorn on his hands like it was a movie scene. "Demon? H-how? And Sting, don't just sit there like a dumbass," Natsu frowned as he looked at Sting with a death glare.

Sting dropped the popcorn and walked over to them. "Ok, so you're saying that Lucy is a demon, how can that even happen? She's a sweet girl, never seen her all thirsty for blood, so how?" Sting asked Kenko. "And you're saying that she's gonna kill me? You must be crazy," Natsu scoffed.

"I've never should've told them anything. God, me and my loud mouth," Kenko thought.

"Ok I know you can't process all the things I've said right now, but believe me, it's true. I'm sorry Natsu," she said looking down. "But how is this even possible?!" Natsu exclaimed desperate for answers.

"Well, I'll tell you," she said. "I know you haven't noticed, but I've been watching you."

"So stalking. Got it," Sting snickered. "Oh shut up, this isn't the time to be joking," Kenko told him. "Anyways, remember that one time you and mast- I mean Zeref fought on top of the school building? Then a girl blondish-pink hair, pale skin, and red eyes? That was Lucy," she explained.

"That.. t-that was her?" Natsu said with utter shock and fell to the ground, complete shock on his face. Kenko kneeled down next to him. "Wait, there was a fight on the ceiling though?" Sting said disregarding that Lucy's a demon.

"Are you serious? Sting, we both love you, but if you're just here to be puerile and vexatious, I think it's best for you to leave," Kenko told him. "Well, I'm sorry," Sting replied and left.

Kenko paid her attention back to Natsu.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you. I knew you were going to be like this," Kenko said hugging Natsu to comfort him. "It's ok. Now I know the truth... I don't think I can look at her the same way," Natsu said.

"Just don't let your guard down when you're around her, she might try something on you," she advised him. "Thanks, now I gotta catch up to Sting and try to cheer him up since we left him," Natsu said forcing a smile. "Ok, be careful," Kenko said as she jumped up to the sky and disappeared.

Natsu watched as Kenko disappeared in the darkness. "So that's how she crashed onto me while walking," he thought to himself. He took a moment to think things through and after a while, he started making his way to follow Sting.

・~・~・~・~・

"That girl seemed suspicious. I've never seen her around here before. Did she just transfer here?" Lucy thought laying down in bed. "Why was with Natsu?" she sighed and looked at a picture of her parents next to her.

"I promise, I'll save you guys," she said while as a tear dropped on the frame. She wiped her tear off and headed out again to get some fresh air.

Once she stepped ouside, she felt a rush of wind coming her way.

She looked up and saw something falling. She dodged it and fell to the side.

She got up and looked at what the thing was that fell from the sky and saw that it was Kenko. "Don't you dare come near my brother!" Kenko yelled.

"What are you talking about? And who's your brother?" Lucy asked confused. "Natsu. Now I'll tell you this one more time. Don't you dare come near him ever again," she said with venom in her voice.

"Wait, Natsu has a sister!?" Lucy thought. "What are you gonna do if I don't?" Lucy asked. "You'll have to face me," Kenko replied. "Alright then," Lucy smirked and transformed into her demon form.

"You're no match for me, and we all know that," Lucy said hands on her hips. "I know that, but it doesn't matter, to protect my brother from you, I'll sacrifice myself," Kenko said taking her katana out.

"So she knows that I'm going to kill him. But I. I don't want him to be killed.... by me... but if it's for my parents' sake, I'll have to," Lucy thought.

"I don't intend to k-k-kill him," Lucy stuttered as she slowly turned back to her human form. "What? I thought that you have to kill him in exchange for your parents?" Kenko asked. "I know that b-but I lo-" Lucy stopped in mid-sentence.

"You fell for him," Kenko interrupted her while putting her katana away. Lucy's face turned red like a tomato. Kenko started to giggle and Lucy stood there playing with her fingers and blushing. "If you can't even kill him. Then what are you gonna do about your parents?" Kenko asked.

Lucy stopped blushing and went back to reality.

"I still intend to save them, but not with Zeref's plan," she said. "Well I guess you're just gonna have to fight for them," Kenko said smirking. "What do you mean?" Lucy asked. "What I mean is that you and me, fight Zeref, defeat him, and save your parents," Kenko said. "But he's too powerful," Lucy said.

"Not unless we have Natsu by our side and weapons," Kenko said. "But Natsu's not powerful enough. He just became a demon," Lucy said.

"I have faith in him, and trust me. By just looking at him, he's more powerful than you think," Kenko said. Lucy thought for a minute about Kenko's plan and finally decided.

"Alright, I'll do it, for my parents," Lucy said. Kenko smiled at her and told her where to meet up again to talk about the plan. "Meet me on the hospital where we took the blood for Natsu," Kenko said "Gotcha," Lucy replied.

"Great to have you on our side," Kenko said as she fled.

Lucy waved goodbye to Kenko and smiled. "Don't worry mom, dad, I'm almost there," she thought with tears of joy falling from her face. "Never thought I'll have this feeling again," she said as she sniffled.