Chapter 12・The Hunt

As Sting, Natsu, and Kenko were out hunting for blood, Natsu realized something and stopped walking. Sting and Kenko loocked back at him.

"What's wrong Natsu?" Sting asked. Natsu looked at both of them. "I realized that I don't want to have to bite someone," he said. "Why not? You have to drink blood in the first 10 days that you've been a demon," Kenko responded.

"Yeah, and I want to see you drink someone else's blood too!" Sting added foolishly. Kenko and Natsu looked at Sting unisonly and made an are-you-serious face.  Kenko shook her head.

"Besides that, you need to drink blood," she continued. "Isn't there any other way?" Natsu asked. "I have a suggestion," Sting said. "Is it you saying 'just drink me instead'?" Kenko asked crossing her arms.

"You're mean, but I'm serious, it might be possible," Sting said. "What is it then?" Natsu asked. "How about we just go to the hospital and ask them where they keep all the blood? And then once they tell us, we'll steal one of the blood packs and he gets to drink it without having to hunt," Sting suggested.

"Damn, that's the first genius thing you've said so far today, sorry for doubting you bro," Natsu complimented. "Haha no problem... wait hey! That's mean of you to say, but you also said something nice, so I guess it's cool," Sting replied with a shrug.

・~・~・~・~・

While they look for a hospital,  Lucy was wandering in the city by herself when she saw the them. "Is that Natsu and Sting? With a girl?" she asked herself in surprise and a hint of jealousy. She quickly ran up to them and called out for Natsu.

"Hey isn't that Lucy?" Sting asked pointing at the running Lucy. "Who's Lucy?" Kenko asked. "She's Natsu's girl," Sting replied with a smirk. "S-she's not my girl!" Natsu said with a slight blush. "Ooh, I can't wait to meet her," Kenko teased.

When Lucy finally reached them, Kenko suddenly eyes widened. "Th-that's Lucy!?" she yelled. "Umm yeah, what about you, what's your name?" Lucy asked "I-it's Kenko," she replied stuttering.

"That's the girl that's going to kill Natsu! But why hasn't she killed him yet?" Kenko thought.

"So um anyways, what're you guys doing here late at night?" Lucy asked. "We could ask you the same thing," Sting replied. "Well I was just walking around since I had nothing to do in the house, what about you?" Lucy replied.

"We we're just about to go to the hospital to get some blood," Sting replied. When he said that something clicked on Lucy's head. "I forgot that he has to drink blood in the first 10 days that he's a demon," she thought.

"Dumbass, why the hell would you tell her that? She's gonna think we're weird," Natsu whispered in Stings' ear and then flicking him. "I'm sorry I'm sorry, geesh," Sting apologized.

"Haha sorry, he said it wrong. What he meant to say is that we need to get blood from the hospital because... uuh, because we give them to other hospitals?" Natsu clearly said lying. "Okay? Can I help out then?" Lucy said clearly knowing that he lied.

"No it's ok, we got it," Kenko replied. "I can't let my guard down, she probably has a plan to kill him that's why she hasn't killed him yet. For the mean time, I have to protect Natsu," Kenko thought. "No, actually it's cool if you'd help us out," Natsu replied. "Thank you," Lucy replied with a smile. "Damn it!" Kenko thought.

Once they all found a hospital, they entered as Sting asked, "Where are all of your blood packs stored at?"

"Why do you need to know that?" the nurse asked. "Come with me for a sec," Sting said and grabbed her arm and led her to the janitor's closet. "Umm, what is he doing?" Lucy asked. "Something really fucked up just to get info from girls," Natsu replied.

"You mean he-" Lucy got cut off when Natsu nodded. "That's just wrong," Lucy said shaking her head.

The two finally came out with the nurse's hair and clothes messed up. She returned back to the counter and asked "What were you guys asking for again?"

"I asked where you keep your blood packs," Sting replied. "Oh, we keep them at room 17," she replied dreamily. "Thanks, let's go guys," Sting said leading them to room 17. "Call me!" the nurse called out to Sting, but he just kept walking.

"You are one disgusting man," Kenko said with a disgusted face. "Well we got the info didn't we?" Sting replied. "There are other ways you know," Lucy added. "My way was easier," Sting replied. "Seriously, how are we related?" Natsu asked and Sonic shrugged saying "I don't know," in response.

When they finally arrived at the room, they opened the door to see a room full of blood packs stacked on shelves. "Ok, Kenko, just get one human blood pack and let's go," Natsu whispered in her ear and she nodded in response.

"C'mon Lucy, let's just wait outside," Natsu said grabbing her hand and waiting out the door. Kenko began to look for the freshest human blood pack and finally found one right for her brother, she took it and went outside with Sting. "Ok I got it guys, let's leave," she said.

Once they finished the job, the roamed the streets.

"Well I gotta go now guys, it's getting pretty late," Lucy said. "Ok then, be careful," Natsu said. "Aww you're too sweet, and thanks, I will," Lucy said and waved goodbye to them.

"Okay Natsu, drink up!" Sting said and gave him the pack "This looks gross," Natsu said with a disgusted face. "Drink the whole thing and tell me it's gross," Kenko dared him. Natsu then drank the whole pack and once he finished, he said "This is probably the most amazing thing I've ever tasted." "Told you," Kenko said.

"How does it even taste?" Sting asked. "How did that nurse taste?" Kenko teased. "Shut up, don't talk about that. So how does it even taste?" he asked once mor.e "I don't know how to describe it but, it's like the worlds most delicious food combined together," Natsu replied. "That sounds delicious then," Sting said.

"Oh I forgot, that Lucy girl, she's bad news. Don't come near her or even talk to her. Actually, don't even be friends with her or anything," Kenko said.

"Why are you telling me this? Lucy's the most sweetest girl I've ever met, she's never bad news to me," Natsu said starting to get furious. "I'm telling you, she's not what you think she is," Kenko said. Sting started to walk to a nearby bench and sat there watching them fight.

"How are you telling me that she's not what I think she is? I've known her longer than you do for sure! And you're telling me that I don't know her?" Natsu said angrily. "Trust me Natsu, I know what she is. And if you spend more time with her, it's only gonna get harder for you because I... I know that you love her now! And once you find out the truth, you're the one that's gonna get hurt the most," she said gazing away from his eyes.

"Ok, I admit that I love her. It just happened ok? It's not my fault that I love her. You can't control that feeling. And how am I gonna get hurt? And what truth?" Natsu asked angry and confused.

"She's... no. I can't tell you, if I tell you now, I don't know if you can take it," Kenko said. "Tell me, whats the truth?!" Natsu said forcefully. "She's... she's going to kill you Natsu!" Kenko said and quickly covered her mouth.

"Oh no! I wasn't suppose to tell him," she thought.

"Damn, shit just got real," Sting said still sitting on the bench.

"She's gonna kill me? Haha you must be joking," Natsu said. "I'm not joking at all. She's gonna kill you so she can return back to normal," Kenko said "Normal? What do you mean by that?" Natsu asked "Natsu... she's a demon too," Kenko replied to him.