Chapter 9・A New Friend

Lucy's POV

As I dropped to the floor, I felt myself drifting off to sleep. The pain I felt started to vanish as I closed my eyes.

"Lucy get over here!" I opened my eyes and saw Flare standing next to a door. "I-I thought Zeref abducted you!" I exclaimed running to her and giving her a big hug.

"I thought I'd loose you too," I cried.

"What do you mean loose me?" a deeper voice responded. Who is this? I looked up to see Zeref.

"What have you done with Flare!?" I yelled backing away from him. "Baby don't worry about her. Worry about me, you also did say that you didn't want to loose me," he smirked.

He suddenly popped right in my face and held me by the waist.

"L-let go of me!" I demanded, but he leaned in closer. "No... d-don't!" I yelled.

I felt his breath going down to my neck. "N-no... not again. Please!" I pleaded, but he wasn't stopping.

"No!" I yelled as I felt a sharp pain on my lower back. That dream.... Flare. I'm sorry Flare, I've failed to save you.

I looked up at the ceiling.

"Where am I?" I thought to myself. I looked to left then to the right and realized that I was on a white mattress. Someone then knocked on the door.

It was a female with long, black hair that has two little buns on her head, and on both sides of her head had one braid.

She had green eyes, slender body, had on aqua blue eye shadow, and red lipstick. She had on a blue, strapless shirt, and black pants.

"Oh you're finally awake!" she said with a delighted smile. "Who are you?" I asked looking at her jade eyes. "My name's Minerva Orlando," she responded walking towards me.

"What am I doing here? Last time I remembered I was at Clover Park," I said with a sad look.

"I saw what happened back there. Your friend got kidnapped..." Minerva said. "Flare! I have to rescue her!" I panicked trying to stand up, but fell down as I felt the scorching pain again.

"Don't! You've broken your lower back bone, so you can't just move immediately yet," she said and set me back in bed.

"What happened to me?" I asked myself not knowing I said it out loud. "I saw a guy who took your friend hit you with his magic in your back, then after that you fainted," she responded.

"Well isn't he a gentleman," I said rolling my eyes. "Do you know him?" she asked. "Very, but he's changed," I replied lowly.

"I forgot to ask, what's your name?" she asked. "My names Lucy Heartfilia," I answered.

Normal POV

"Can I call someone?" Lucy asked "Sure thing," Minerva said handing Lucy a phone. She quickly dialed a number.

"Hello?" a male voice answered.

"Hey Natsu, it's Lucy. Can you pick me up in Uhhhh... wait hold on. What's your address? (Minerva on the background responding) ok pick me up in-" Lucy got cut off.

"Haha I heard her loud and clear. How'd you even get my number? Actually we'll talk about it later. See ya!" Natsu said before he hung up.

"Was that your boyfriend?" Minerva teased. "No! He's just a friend," Lucy replied flushing red.

A knock was suddenly heard on the door.

"It's probably your boyfriend, I'll get it," Minerva said. She opened the door to see Zeref. "Are you the guy Lucy called?" she asked. "Yes," he lied. "That was quick then, Lucy he's here! Also you might have to carry her because she's hurt her back," she said whispering in his ear.