Chapter 12 | Dates

Isolation and the deep fear of loneliness

Something that will tear the heart and break the mindset with a thousand tears only to be left with nothing.

No one.

It is a horrid thing to be the protector endlessly striving to keep the ones you love safe only desperately exhausting yourself in the process.

Vincent needs me to kill for him.

Camille needs me to stay alive for her.

Neither combining with the other.

It reminded me of oil and water, never mixing no matter how much you stir, the liquids would always be two separate solutions. My time of death would come when I allowed it, not a second earlier but I learned that I had been ready for death since the first time I realized I could take the life of an animal without any remorse.

It would be the first day of removing myself from Vin. His courage and good heart would only bring hatred towards me for choosing the one side he continuous to fight against and tell his friends how right I've always been.

How good I still am. Yet how wrong he is.

"Why did he give you the mark?" Pansy asked laying down almost looking as if she was asleep with her usual morning mood to be filled with annoyance but she sounded anything but that. Concerned yet full of curiosity with Astoria on the other side of the room brushing her beautiful locks of hair and sadness creeping on her face.

The pain throughout the entire night became impossible to hide from the two so it became easier to let them know instead of keeping it a secret.

"To follow not only Voldemort but Mattheo too-"

Astoria gasped "Don't say his name Octavia!"

"Oh please he gave the orders to give her the mark for fucks sake she's allowed to call him a noseless bastard if she chooses!" Pansy scoffed.

"I thought you cared for the dark lord and respected his plans?"

"That was before he made all the Slytherins boys go through terrible pain just to be another Death Eater and now including you" she picked at her nails in annoyance.

"Maybe he is a noseless bastard" Astoria agreed making us both laugh.

"Wait you two aren't marked? I thought you were already Death Eaters" I said

"He hardly ever wants women to become his followers, we aren't 'capable' of doing any tasks he says. To him it's like we're just women to keep the pureblood line in tact nothing more. That's why there must've been something he wanted from you Octavia or else he wouldn't have told Riddle to mark you too" Astoria explained

"His mentality made me hate his ways, if I wanted to be treated like a useless women I would've gone back to Pucey" Pansy scoffed.