Chapter 27 | Hogsmeade Massacre

Mattheo

Mattheo

I stare at her and examine each breath.

Overtime watching her became my greatest sin. Her skin tainted with blood and shoulder stitched up from the scratch given by one of the werewolves.

I carried her through the halls, careful not to get caught by any prefects and instead of heading to Theodore's I opted for my room instead.

Something about seeing her wrapped in my cold silk sheets, desperately needing warmth but it was in my control whether she have it or not was gratifying.

Control was my biggest need and she never let me get within a centimeter of control over her.

The red blood spilled onto her shirt, extenuating her figure and showing the curves on her body. She was so exasperatingly beautiful I craved her death the closer I got.

I knew I was scared of love because I've known it to make someone weak but her, why was my princess so afraid of love too? Was it the way her father treated her? Or the fact that she doesn't believe she's worth loving?

Either way Blaise told me I would experience my side affect to be one of experiencing any form of love that I pushed away or craved. Of course my mother being in those pictures, some moments with Draco when we were kids but what confused me was reliving the moments at the Astronomy Tower with her.

I received an owl, a task is to be done tonight and with the help of Octavia or not it was up to me to get it done.

Moments later I found myself opening my door to four boys that stood dressed in black suits, each with masks in their hands to shield their identification from the terrible actions that would soon come. It took one glance at Octavia for all four to turn their serious gazes into ones of concern.

I let them in and watched as they each took a part of the bed.

"She's cold" Theodore said rubbing her cheek softly with his thumb.

It wasn't their interactions that filled me with annoyance but the fact that he instantly softened for someone like her. It wasn't just him, it was Enzo, Blaise and even Draco.

"Luna can wake her if you want, I know she's really good at healing" Blaise explained slightly smiling when speaking about her. I didn't care if any of them wanted a relationship as long as they never let that interfere with how they follow me.

"She needs rest" Draco said and I nodded.

"Can you at least get her a blanket?" Theodore asked and I stood in silence, letting Enzo rush off instead to find a blanket in my room.

"She's fine Nott" I spat still extremely annoyed at her for putting herself in such a dangerous state with only me to save her. But I noticed that's what she wasn't afraid of-not in the slightest.