Chapter 24 | Halloween Pt. 1

I watch your body lay, your breaths soft and faint

I watch your body lay, your breaths soft and faint. Looking to my right to see Vin trembling with the trauma overbearing him. He knows how much Vin means to me and let this all happen to the both of you. The betrayal still stings like a thousand knives. You aren't a Death Eater, I see that now but you are a victim Cedric and just because we haven't been on the best terms doesn't mean you deserve this. Because of me you lay in that bed bandaged and wounded. I'm sorry you have to go through this Cedric but he will pay. I promise you that he will definitely fucking pay.

-Octavia Garcilazo

"You need to go" Vin rasped, his voice tearing at his throat.

"What?"

"You need to leave Octavia. Do as he says, be the Death Eater you've been avoiding to become"

"No! There's no way! I can't succumb myself to such low and embarrassing actions. I'm done following either of their orders!" I shouted

"Octavia look at your arm! This is you! You're a part of them whether you like it or not so you need to grow up little sister and be the monster you've kept inside you all these years!"

I took a step back "Monster?"

"I didn't mean it like that-" he sighed

"Yes you did. After everything I've done you dare call me such a thing? I killed for you! Every month I did it for your hands to be clean while mine were filled with blood!" I argued

"I never asked you to! We both know this is just who you are and that's why it's you! The dark lord chose you! And Riddle does too"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not stupid. He sees something in you, and whether you think he liked you before it's not true. He's interested because when he sees you it's like looking in the mirror. You're him"

"Are you serious? All I've ever done is protect you and Camille because you've never been strong enough! I've been nothing but selfless my entire life!"  I screamed.

"Did it ever occur to you that I don't want to be stronger?" He shot back.

"And that's why you were never the protector Vin I was! You weren't the older brother who kept his sisters safe. You were scared and I stepped up to save your life because you couldn't kill a fucking animal!"

"Fuck you Octavia I'm sorry I'm not a psycho"

"Stop" We both looked to the bed to see Cedric's wounded body looking towards the both of us.