Chapter 46 | Lost in Prison

𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

I experienced one week of dementors constantly eating any piece of happiness left. One hundred and sixty eight hours since I had last seen his face. The trial was short, they focused on sentencing me before Mattheo could come to my rescue. I could see the way the ministry voted in a matter of seconds without any evidence.

They were threatened by me, in every way possible they felt the need to lock me up. Professors weren't allowed in the trial or anyone who wasn't a liable source from the event. They had enough, and I was sent to Azkaban so quick that I had forgotten there was a trial at all.

Sometimes there were screams, pleading for a way out til their voices broke for the next day to come, and sometimes there was silence.

In Azkaban, silence was torturous.

It meant there was nothing left, no more faith that one day you would look forward to freedom. Although I still had faith he would come.

I held onto the love and care I held for him and knew he would save me.

There were times my own body was tiresome and my head ached with remembering. By day one I relished in the dark ambience, but knew it would be worth it. I was selfish, knowing I would rather be the one out in Azkaban then know Mattheo was sent here with no way out.

Most prisoners here were already falling apart. Living death, crawling upon the cells, scratching at the walls for their own entertainment. Nails scratching til they filed down and bled. There was no way I could see the other prisoners here but I could smell the pungent scent of blood and knew they were barely hanging on.

But Mattheo would come for me.

~

𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

To say I was thankful there were no mirrors was an understatement. I could only see my body when looking down at my own skin, although putting it all together and looking in the mirror would be a horrendous sight.

My ribs had shown a great deal of unhealthy eating. They only allowed enough food to survive, nothing to truly live.

I remembered my friends, my siblings. Trying to recall the smiles or memories I held yet the more I hung on the more exhausted I'd become.

I had forgotten what Camille's pigtails looked like.

I failed to remember Vin's smile around Pansy.

Astoria happily getting ready for a party.

Or Theodore sleeping soundly with our bear Arnold.

Blaise talking to Luna with pure bliss.

Skye becoming flustered whenever Draco was near.

Alex drinking whiskey like water.

Enzo laughing until his stomach hurt.

Every memory was fading, but the love for Riddle not leaving. It was clear, and repeating to keep me from losing my mind to the dementors.

My thoughts drowned in fear, hoping that I would never forget the love I have for him or my faith would come short. There would be a part of me that could remember anything.