Chapter 23 | Persecute

Octavia

Every night was a moment of serious teachings and hateful words being argued back and forth between us.

He was vile.
He was cruel and demented.
But his lips tainted me.

The moon would rise and the darkness would fade away allowing the light shining from the stars and moon to pave a pathway to the Astronomy Tower. 

We would spend hours hidden, with no sleep convincing ourselves that it was for the sake of my protection and learning. Our arguments would bring out our most spiteful mouths but in the end we would sit at the Astronomy Tower smoking until the sun rose.

He didn't want the others to know of his teachings and truthfully I didn't either but eventually Theodore found out and supported me to continue.  He seemed to encourage it, wanting me to find a way to protect my mind from the invasion I could face with others from The Order.

The month of October seemed to pass quickly and in no time the school was faced with Halloween the next day.

"So we have fifty bottles of FireWhiskey coming in tonight with the Weasleys, and the Ravenclaws are bringing in another elixir they say it's a special one" Draco said going down a list of things on his clipboard.

"Bloody hell Malfoy relax the party will be fun like always" Blaise chuckled

"There's no time to relax! It has to be the best party! I didn't buy that many bottles from those stupid Weaselbees for nothing!" He said flustered and I planted a hand over my mouth to avoid laughing.

This was the only time anyone would see Malfoy this concerned. The Halloween party got stuck with Slytherin since Draco volunteered himself and refused to let another house host.

"Enough worrying about that it's a party not a wedding" Riddle spat and Draco immediately straightened his robes and rolled his eyes.

"So angel what are you dressing as?" Enzo asked taking a bite out of his roll.

"It's a surprise" I smirked.

"Oooo the suspense!" He grinned

"Well Ava is gonna tell me isn't that right?"

"Nope"

"What?"

"It's a surprise Theodore, nobody can know this year not even you" I kissed his cheek.

"Fine then you can't know what I'm gonna be!" He spat angrily crossing his arms.

"You're gonna paint a skeleton on your face while wearing a tuxedo" I said nonchalantly

"Hey!"

"I came up with the idea" I smacked his head while he smiled shyly recalling I was the one who thought of it.

"I'm gonna be a vampire" Blaise smiled.

"Should've let Malfoy be that one, he's practically the color of Dracula himself looking like a pale mutant" Enzo said making everyone burst into laughter.

"You're gonna regret that Berkshire!" Draco said grabbing his roll to throw it at Enzo's face but it was immediately caught by Riddle who sat next to him.

"If you wanna act like children go to another fucking table, I don't wanna hear about the bloody party anymore got that?" He shouted making heads turn from other tables. The boys nodded sternly but I wouldn't do such a thing. Even after everything I refused to be a pathetic Death Eater.