⇢ 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘬𝘴

THE WOMAN IN the shadows finished jotting down words into her notepad. Y/N still sat several feet away from her in the dark room.

"Ah. Story began in Sokovia and ended in Sokovia." She skimmed through her notes once more. "Correction, you ended it off with the formation of your new team. Sorry."

Y/N looked up from the floor and towards the silhouette, still not being able to see who this Russian woman was.

The woman continued. "But, you still haven't explained how you got here."

The man tried to think back, and the woman could tell he was struggling initially. A part of Y/N also wondered why she was so interested on whether he remembered or not.

After a moment, the super soldier started to recall and the memory of it came to light.

"I...uh...I got a call." He said as he looked back down. "A favor from an old friend."

The woman flipped to a blank page on her notepad and prepared to write.

"Tell away."

• • •

THE PHOTO ALBUM was always something Y/N and Peggy went over during his visits. Even though the young man already knew about most of the photos in it from previous drop ins, he was willing to talk about them all over again with his mother.

"Wow, did I really wear that?" Y/N asked with a chuckle as he looked at a picture of him wearing a striped knit shirt and slacks.

Peggy smiled as she looked at it

Peggy smiled as she looked at it. "Oh, you looked so adorable. And it was a nice change from the cowboy getup you'd always wear."

Y/N knew about that too. The previous pages showed a few photos of him wearing a cowboy costume, which was actually a gift from Howard Stark at the time.

"From cowboy to church boy." Y/N replied and smiled. "Thanks a lot, mom."

She reached over and gripped his arm, and upon looking over, Y/N noticed her eyes starting to water. He placed the book down and held her hand.

"What's wrong?"

He already knew why. Peggy would often get emotional during his visits. The fact that she was able to see her son again was a blessing, and even the mention of "mom" from Y/N was enough to make her cry.

"God answered my prayers. You're here." She said. "Your father, too. I thought I'd be alone."

He gripped her hand tighter. "We're here now...I'm here. Like I said, I'm never leaving you again."