⇢ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴

ERIK STEVENS, AKA KILLMONGER, had been working for Klaue and was the one who broke him out earlier that day. But he was just a pawn in his plan, as Erik murdered Klaue and brought his body to the Wakandans.

Now he demanded the throne of Wakanda and was willing to challenge his cousin for it. And he wasn't going to let him yield. Erik, born N'Jadaka and son of the late Prince N'Jobu, wanted to kill T'Challa as revenge for T'Chaka killing his father years ago.

Everybody gathered at Warrior Falls, which was a smaller crowd compared to T'Challa's coronation. Zuri finished painting the king's face as Killmonger picked up a spear and walked onto the water. He snapped it in half and held the broken weapon.

"He'll never beat T'Challa." Shuri told Y/N and her mother as they stood beside her. "He should've just come to the first challenge and gotten it over with."

Zuri fed T'Challa the liquid to remove his powers as the crowd did their traditional dance. Nakia arrived and walked up to Okoye.

"Where is Agent Ross?" The general asked about the recently recovered American.

"I locked him in the office. He's not going anywhere." She replied.

T'Challa looked at Erik. "This is your last chance. Throw down your weapons, and we can handle this another way."

Erik stuck his weapons to the floor and started to strip off his vest. "I lived my entire life waitin' for this moment. I trained, I lied, I killed...just to get here." He began to take off his shirt.

"I killed in America, Afghanistan, Iraq

"I killed in America, Afghanistan, Iraq. I took life from my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent. And all this death..." He bent down and picked his weapon back up. "...just so I could kill you."

T'Challa didn't respond and looked at Zuri, giving a nod as a signal to begin

Zuri slammed his staff against the floor. "Let the challenge begin."

Fast-tempo drumming commenced as Erik swung his blades at T'Challa. The king blocked the hits with his shield and tried to attack with his spear, but Killmonger deflected his swings as well.