⇢ 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦

THE SISTERS DROVE down the highway in the car they borrowed from the unattended garage. Yelena sat in the passenger's seat and looked down at her vest. She honestly loved it.

"You know, this is the first piece of clothing I've ever bought for myself." Yelena told Natasha.

Her sister glanced over at her clothing. "That?"

"Yeah. You don't like it?"

"Is that like a... Is it army surplus, or..."

"Okay, it has a lot of pockets."

Natasha let out a chuckle. Yelena continued praising her vest.

"But I use them all the time, and I made some of my own modifications."

"Oh, yeah?" Natasha laughed.

"Whatever. Shut up." Yelena shot back. "The point is, I've never...I've never had control over my own life before, and now I do. I want to do things."

The redhead paused for a moment. "I like your vest."

The blonde smiled

The blonde smiled. "I knew it. I knew you did. It's so cool, right?"

"It's good. Yes. I like it."

"And you can put so much stuff in there. You wouldn't even know." She replied, then sighed. There was a moment of silence before she spoke again. "I really don't know where the Red Room is, though. I'm sorry."

"I know. But I think I know somebody who does." Natasha said.

"Oh, yeah? Who?"

She continued chewing her gum. "We're gonna need a jet.

• • •

AN OLD RUSTY helicopter rested in the middle of the grassy plains. Natasha and Yelena walked up to it, seeing Rick Mason exiting the aircraft.

"I said we needed a jet." Natasha called out.

"Yeah, you know what you didn't give me? Time. Or money. I'm not made of jets." Rick replied.

"I thought you were supposed to be the best. Like a real pro." Yelena said.

Rick furrowed his brow and looked at the blonde assassin. "Oh, I beg your pardon, tsarina. Was the free flat and lifetime supply of kissel not to your liking?"

Yelena scoffed. "Ha!"

"Don't let her wind you up." Natasha told him.

"No, I take exception to impugning my professionalism."

Natasha paced around the helicopter and started checking it out. "Well, you did set me up with a generator that crapped out after six hours."

"You, too, huh?" Rick scoffed then looked at Yelena. "Tag team."