⇢ 𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘴

BACK AT THE COMPOUND, the Avengers recovered from their ordeal in Siberia. Tony stayed for a while before traveling back home to Pepper. Helen and Yelena left too, but the blonde said she'd be back. Rhodey heard about what had happened to his friends and immediately flew back to New York.

Steve explained to Y/N that after they didn't report back with him the day after going on the mission, he knew something was wrong. He pulled up the location from Friday and was prepared to go alone, but Pietro offered to help as well. It was then that Rogers asked Stark for help too and to his surprise, the billionaire quickly agreed.

And thank God that they did help. In Y/N's head, they probably wouldn't have made it out without them.

Y/N was in the lounge with his daughter. Helen Cho had shown up earlier in the day to do a check-up and gave good news. She was a perfectly healthy toddler. 

The clothes they ordered for her came quick. The compound had food, but now Y/N had to figure out what was good for kids her age. Was there something specific they had to feed her? Are there specific times to do so? Parenting was going to be a trip. Y/N and Natasha haven't even figured out a name for her yet.

The toddler stumbled around the room and used the coffee table to balance herself. It still came as a surprise to Y/N how far along she was already, being able to walk and such. He felt like in no time she'd be running and doing backflips. The idea of it made him chuckle.

He was in his thoughts that he didn't realize the little girl went up beside him on the sofa and started stretching out her arm. She opened and closed her hand as if she wanted something, then Y/N looked down at his chest and saw his Wakandan pendant.

"This?" Y/N asked and took it off. "All right. Be careful."

He handed it to her and the toddler fiddled with it. She shook it around and let out a laugh.

"Don't swallow it." Y/N said with a chuckle. He reached over and held her hand that grasped the pendant. "It's from Wakanda, where my friend T'Challa used to live."

"Cha-ya?" She muttered.

He smiled, assuming that was her first word. He didn't mind that it was the name of the late king. He rubbed the top of her head. "Close enough."

Pietro walked into the lounge, seeing the father and daughter having a moment together. He smiled as he called out. "Hey."

"Hey, Pietro." Y/N greeted as he looked back.

The toddler looked at the silver-haired man and tottered toward him. She tried giving him the pendant she had in her hand.

"What's this?" Pietro asked in a soft tone and took the pendant. "Your dad's already letting you hold dangerous objects?"

 "Your dad's already letting you hold dangerous objects?"

"It's not dangerous...I think." Y/N replied.

Pietro chuckled and tossed the pendant back to Y/N. He looked back down at the toddler, who was signaling that she wanted to be carried. Pietro was happy to do so and picked up the little girl.