⇢ 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦

PIERCE WAS HELD at gunpoint by Councilman Yen. Y/N had a close eye on the Secretary as Natasha did her magic on the computer nearby.

"What are you doing?" Councilman Singh asked her.

"She's disabling security protocols and dumping all the secrets onto the Internet." Pierce chose to answer.

"Including HYDRA'S." She added.

"And S.H.I.E.L.D's." Pierce cut in. "If you do this, none of your past is gonna remain hidden. Are you sure you're ready for the world to see you as you really are?"

Natasha looked directly at him. "Are you?"

Pierce chuckled, hands still up as he turned to Y/N standing nearby. "And you, L/N? The world will see who you were supposed to be. Who you are."

Y/N didn't want to respond, only staring right back at the Secretary. He walked closer to Y/N as Yen still had the gun aimed at his head.

"I'm sure you heard from Zola." He continued. "Now you know, Y/N. The potential you've always had."

"Let the world see." Y/N walked closer to Pierce, now face to face with him. "Let them see that between me and HYDRA, I prevailed. Let them see that your supposed weapon became an Avenger..."

Pierce glared at the young man as he continued.

"Let them see that the son of Margaret Carter and Steve Rogers, against all odds, still became a hero...just like them."

The HYDRA loyalist stayed quiet as he continued to glare. Natasha still typed, giving an impressed smile upon hearing the young man's speech.

"Now move the hell back, young man." Y/N scolded, referencing how he technically was older than Pierce. The Secretary gave a angry look as he stepped back with Yen still aiming at his head.

After some time, Natasha got through but reached a firewall. Pierce looked at the screen and took notice.

"Disabling the encryption is an executive order. It takes two Alpha Level members."

"Don't worry. Company's coming." Natasha said with a smirk.

They heard a helicopter approaching, and the aircraft landed on the pad outside. Moments later, Nick Fury walked through the door and stared directly at Pierce.

He put his hands on his waist

He put his hands on his waist. "Did you get my flowers? I'm glad you're here, Nick."

Fury scoffed as he walked towards him. "Really? Because I thought you had me killed."

"You know how the game works."

"So why make me head of S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"Because you were the best, and the most ruthless person I ever met."