⇢ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦

SAM KNOCKED ON the door to the Bradley household. Elijah answered the door, seeing him and Y/N through the metal screen. He smirked.

"Lieutenant America. Black Falcon." Elijah greeted. "What you want?"

"Hey, you need to learn some manners." Sam replied.

A voice called out from behind the two Avengers

A voice called out from behind the two Avengers. "With that new color change he got, you could say he's Black Falcon."

They turned around and saw Isaiah, who came out of the backyard to grab some tools. He started making his way back as he spoke to Sam again. "Ain't that right?"

Sam chuckled. Elijah closed the door and the two men went to the backyard where Isaiah was. The elder man continued tending to his garden as Y/N and Sam stood aside.

"I saw what you two did out there." Isaiah said as he planted an herb into a flower pot. "And it seems, so did everyone else. I heard the GRC was standing down on those plans of theirs, so something must've been done right."

"I did what I could." Sam replied, then glanced at his friend. "But I followed my brother here through it all. He pushed me and I pushed him...and together we accomplished this."

Y/N smiled as he looked at Sam. Isaiah glanced at the young super-soldier and nodded.

"I ain't gonna lie. You two are special." He said.

"Thank you." Y/N replied genuinely.

Isaiah shrugged smirked. "I mean...maybe not that special. You're no Malcolm, Martin, Mandela, but..."

Sam chuckled. "No argument there."

"Yeah...can't really put myself on that level." Y/N remarked.

"But I know what I've got to do." Sam added.

Isaiah went over to a bigger plant. He grabbed onto it and was about to pick it up as he looked at Y/N.

"So...Captain America, huh?" He asked.

Y/N nodded. "Yes, sir."

"I guess I could say I'm glad you didn't listen to me when I told you to bury that thing." Isaiah replied as he carried the tree. "But things aren't gonna be easy...the fights you're gonna have to take on carrying your father's legacy. Dealing with the people who despise the symbol...people who may not like you taking it."

"Yeah, I know. I could fail. Hell, I might die. But I've grown up wanting to serve people...serve this country...just like my father. I'm not gonna let anybody tell me I can't fight for what I believe in. I want to help make things right in honor of the heroes before me...heroes like you."

Isaiah was silent for a moment. He took a breath as his voice shook.

"Shit. I almost bought that." The older man said with a chuckle.