⇢ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘤, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘨

IT TOOK THE young super soldier some time to fully accept the situation. It had been 13 days since the U.S government unveiled John Walker as Captain America, which for Y/N was 13 days of trying not to even look or listen to anything about him.

Good Morning America showed an interview with Walker in the morning from the night before. Y/N didn't bother watching it for obvious reasons, but Maggie did so in secret.

She heard John mention Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, and Steve Rogers when asked about how he sees himself and said he isn't like them. That was true. But what irked the teenager was that he didn't bother naming Y/N, the rightful owner of her grandfather's shield.

Later that day, the Romanoff-Carter family was in the backyard of their home. Nikolai was playing basketball with Maggie on the court they had built recently while their parents paced around surveying the open space.

"I was thinking of putting a fire pit here." Y/N said as he crossed his arms. "What do you think?"

"I was thinking of a nice fountain. Maybe one where water comes out of the frog's mouth." Natasha replied.

"That's...weird."

"Fine. How about a playset?"

Y/N pointed at the basketball court. "Nikolai's just fine with that."

"Only if you want him to live and breath hoops for the rest of his childhood."

"Is there a problem with that?"

Natasha chuckled and lightly slapped him on the arm. "We have a ton of space. Wouldn't hurt to build something for him. I had a swing and everything back in Ohio."

Y/N nodded. "All right. That'll be on the list. Along with my fire pit and your weird frog fountain."

Suddenly, they heard the gate leading to their backyard open. They turned around to see who had arrived and to their surprise...it was Sam Wilson.

"Sam!" Nikolai exclaimed as he dropped the ball and ran toward the man.

With what seemed to be a folder in hand, he still opened up his arms and hugged the boy. Sam rubbed the top of his head.

"Hey, little man!" Sam got on a knee. "You're fast! You got some super speed I don't know about?"

"No. I just run fast." He answered.

"We better watch out for you." He said with a chuckle before standing up and looking at Maggie. "Same goes for you. It's like you get taller every time I see you."

"You're exaggerating

"You're exaggerating." She chuckled as she hugged him. "It's good to see you, Uncle Sam."

Y/N and Natasha walked over to greet their friend and fellow Avenger. He smiled at them.

"I hope I'm not intruding on family time." He said.

"Oh, don't worry about it, man." Y/N replied. "You know you're welcome anytime."