⇢ 𝘨𝘰𝘥'𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘯

Y/N LOOKED INTO the mirror as he put on his suit jacket.

He straightened his tie and did a few of the buttons

He straightened his tie and did a few of the buttons. He finished and turned back toward his bed...where his father's shield lay.

"I...I don't know. I don't know if I can. This belongs to you."

"No, it doesn't. Bucky and I talked about it for a while. And we both know the kind of man you are. I do firsthand."

"Thank you. I'll do my best."

"I know you will, son. That's why it's yours."

He grabbed the vibranium disc and placed it back inside the leather carrying case. He zipped up the case and picked it up, looking back at the mirror as he took a breath in. In the reflection, he saw Natasha walk into the room.

"Hey." She greeted and got behind him, rubbing his arms to rid his sleeves of lint and wrinkles. "You're looking very sharp."

Y/N looked at her with a soft smile. "After wearing this to Nik's preschool graduation, I thought it'd be a while until the next time."

"We should go out more. Maybe to more fancy places where you have to dress up like this."

"Not really my forte."

Natasha wrapped her arms around her husband's waist and spoke into his ear.

"It'll only be for a bit before we rush back home and I get those clothes off of you."

"You sure know how to sell the idea." Y/N replied with a chuckle, then looked back down at the case he was holding. His smile disappeared and Natasha noticed.

She knew what he was feeling and what his plan was for today. Y/N had been battling with himself on what to do with what was given to him. The shield...the title...the legacy. A couple of weeks ago he seemingly made up his mind and knew what to do.

"If you're not so sure, you could wait. They're not going to rush you into this." Natasha told him.

"No, I'm fine. I am." Y/N replied, still looking at himself and her through the mirror. "There's no better day than now to do this."

There was silence for a moment. Y/N finally turned away from the mirror and got face to face with Natasha.

"Be honest. What do you think about all this?" He asked.