⇢ 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴

THE AVENGERS WERE present on a call with their leader, Natasha Romanoff. She stood behind her desk cutting into her sandwich while hearing what her team had to say. Y/N had made his own sandwich as well, eating it as he sat to the right of the table.

"Yeah, we boarded that highly-suspect warship Danvers pinged." Rocket started to explain.

"It was an infectious garbage scow." Nebula interjected.

Rocket turned to Carol's hologram. "So, thanks for the hot tip."

"Well, you were closer." She replied.

"Yeah. And now we smell like garbage."

Natasha finished cutting her food and leaned over the table. "You get a reading on those tremors?"

 "You get a reading on those tremors?"

A/N: This gif is speaking the truth!

Okoye chose to respond. "''Twas a mid subduction under the African plate."

"Do we have a visual? How are we handling it?"

"Nat. It's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not handling it."

Y/N looked at Natasha and smirked. She brushed it off and turned to Danvers.

"Carol, are we seeing you here next month?"

"Not likely."

"What? You gonna get another haircut?" Rocket asked.

"Listen, fur face. I'm covering a lot of territory. The things happening on Earth are happening everywhere. On thousands of planets."

Rocket looked down. "All right, all right. That's a good point. That's a good point."

"We appreciate all you do, Carol." Y/N spoke up from his seat. "We wish you the best."

Carol nodded. "I'll try to be back as soon as possible. I promised Maggie I'd bring her back some crystals."

Y/N smiled back and Natasha continued to speak.

"All right. Well, this channel is always active. So, if anything goes sideways...anyone's making trouble where they shouldn't...comes through me."

The team collectively agreed before signing off. Everyone except Rhodey, who stayed on the line as Natasha sat back down.

"How's Mexico, Rhodes?" Y/N asked.

He sighed and shrugged. "Not great. The Federales found a room full of bodies. Looks like a bunch of cartel guys...never even had a chance to get their guns off."

"It's probably a rival gang." Natasha said, even though both she and her husband had an inkling of who the real perpetrator was. Rhodey knew as well.