Thank you Letter to my friend Jazmin Gordy

Shipping buddy/ Best Friend
August 17, 2021

Hello Jazmin

First, a big thank you!

       I want to thank you for being my friend and shipping buddy! Even though I haven't known you for very long, I feel like I've known you forever! You are the only one who was observant, and realized when I was feeling down or upset and worried about my wellbeing and asked if I was ok. Even if I said that I was alright, the truth is I wasn't. I was actually sad underneath all the layers, and you were the only one who realized and saw right through the act. What's even more is that you are the only one who made me laugh and cheered me right up.

       I may seem strong and confident. A lot of people think I am considering how far I have gotten from being that shy and timid girl when I first started high school, but the truth is I'm not. All of that is a facade, an act. Underneath it all I'm a sad, shy and timid girl that wears a fake smile. I'm glad that I met you and that we are friends and shipping buddies. Whenever I'm with you and we talk my sadness starts to go away, and you make me laugh and smile a real happy smile.

      I have always had that sadness for as long as I can remember. Not one person has been able to tell how I'm truly feeling, but then we became friends, and you were able to see right through that strong and confident facade I have been wearing for years. You are the only one who has been able to see through me. 

      I am happy that I met you and that we are friends. Whenever you're around and we talk I feel all that sadness slip away from me, and the first time we spoke, you made me laugh. That was the first time I have smiled a real genuine smile for as long as I can remember my smile has always been fake.

      I don't know what I would do without you. You are my best friend, shipping buddy, and most of all a ray of sunshine that has shined a light through my darkness.  I want to thank you for making me laugh, for making my sadness go away, for making me smile a real genuine smile, and for being my friend/shipping buddy.

Lots of Love,

Kaytlyn Burke.