Journal 2: Applying Michael Jordan's Approach (Sep 28, 2020)

Failure can give you the determination to push yourself to try harder and harder, and push yourself to succeed. During PT in JROTC it is hard for me to do some of the exercises cause I have scoliosis in my upper back, and I’m anemic low on iron, so my legs get really tired really quickly and when that happens my legs fail me and I can’t keep going without sitting down and regaining energy. That leads me to when I run my legs lose energy extra fast and I slow down getting slower and slower. With my back I can barely get off the ground with on the ground exercises. When I run, as I slow down due to running low on energy the teachers notice and they just tell me to stop, so I run as fast as I can so I will slow down faster and I will be able to stop sooner. It’s pretty much the same with the on the floor exercises, they see me barely able to get up so they just tell me to stop. I could change this by waking up extra early on weekends and running a lap around the neighborhood and when I slow down push myself to go faster and keep on going. With the on the floor exercises the same push myself harder and harder to get myself up no matter how long it takes I will not give up.