Chapter Four

*******

Mew's POV:

"You're growing affection towards Natharine Mew! "

That's what my uncle said when he asked me to follow him to his office, although I don't see any worries in his eyes, there is a vagueness in it that I wanted to be cleared.

I saw Tong smirk with what my uncle said, glancing at me, irking his brows as if telling me that "it's true, I can see that" look. I rolled my eyes on him and took a sit on one of the waiting chair.

"So what if I'm growing affection towards that kid? You sounds like I am liking someone that is not acceptable in our family circle. " Mew snap at his uncle Jong, looking at him calmly but there is a warning on it.

"That's not what I meant Mew, you know that you are the heir, you can't lose focus. " my uncle is one of those naive person in my circle.

I am just twelve years old, instead of telling me to enjoy my childhood they hook me up to training and killings. What can I do? I am the sole heir of the Wolf's creed.

"Don't worry about me, can't I enjoy my childhood here? Besides it's an orphanage, home for a motherless kids. I am no different from them, my family traded my soul for power, and a lifetime of evil. Instead of telling me to prepare myself for my fated mate, you guys asked me to prepare my nemesis. " I said in a sarcastic voice leaving them with a surprised look.

Uncle Jong couldn't utter a words to say, well, I don't want him to say a words anymore though.

Natharine-that kid! The first time I saw him, I felt a great bond between us. The moon tattoo on my chest started to felt hot and tingling the moment our skin touched. His doe eyes that looked at me innocently and a mischievous smile that always appear everytime he is excited. I envy him!

He can smile whenever he wants, I can smile when I killed someone. He can smile in a petty things, I can smile after I tortured an enemies.  He can cry when he felt pain, I am forbid to feel that kind of emotion. He can be weak when he choose to be weak, I will be a cursed when I faltered.

Walking back to garden, my feet halt when I saw Natharine eating a sandwich on one of the benches. And here I am again, amazed at him. His cheek moves up and down everytime he chew, his lips became full everytime he bites his food. His eyes sparkling in a rays of the sun, his hair dancing in every blow of the wind.

"You know that I'm not like them right? " Tong standing behind me suddenly spoke. I just hum on his question, and proceed to walk again. Not like them yes! But like me, a powerless.

I was about to turn to go to my room, when I heard Natharine's voice calling out my name. He is running towards me, smiling. As if he was never cried earlier.

"Young master! " He said while chasing his breaths. " I cut my sandwich in half, here! The other half is for you! " Natharine said smiling with a sweat on his forehead.

I looked at him in dazed, this kid runs towards me just to gave me his food. Half of his food if that makes sense, I glance at Tong who is staring at Natharine with warm eyes.

"You can finished eating this, I'm not hungry. And even if I am, I can asked the servant. " I replied to him giving his food back to him.

I saw a glint of disappointment on his eyes, he pout his lips and snatch the food in my hand and turn around and walk away.

"He is sulking! " I heard Tong said.

I glance at him and took a deep breath, I wanted to follow Natharine when we heard a loud explosion coming from the back of the orphanage.