Chapter Thirty-seven

A/N; slightly heavy chapter

*******"****

Mew staring at his mate can't help but wonder how Natharine changed overnight. His mate's pheromones became sweeter and more desirable after the marking. His mate is glowing, the glow that even a she-wolf can't compare. Maybe it's because he is a luna or maybe his mate is just simply gorgeous and became more attractive as time passes by.

He watches as his father approaches Natharine,

His eyes dilated as observed his blushing mate, a spark of desire ignites inside him.

Tong- Mew mind links his right hand.

Yes, head alpha- Tong replied in a confused voice, he asks Mew to get a rest but it seems that the new leaders are still up.

Make an appointment with the Carney Clan. Do it discreetly.- Mew ordered and cut the mind link to fetch his mate that is now smiling widely while talking to his father.

It's time to fix everything about his mate's family. The Carney clan should face the punishment of abandoning their child because of petty reasons. If Natharine's parents need to be cast away from City G, then so be it.

He will protect his mate with all his life and power.

"Hmm, our head alpha is here. " Mew's father utter and face his son with a proud smile.

"Your Luna needs to rest, father. " Mew said teasingly making Natharine smack his arm and hiss at him.

The previous leader laugh heartily and shake his head,

"Of course, head alpha. Well? excuse me now, Luna. " Alpha Lexin bow a little at Natharine that made the younger blush even more and grip the arm of his mate, giving him a warning gaze to correct his father.

Mew smiled at him sweetly but the glaring eyes of his mate made him snort.

"We are just teasing you, Nat. But I need to address you in your title every time we are facing other clan leaders, especially the ALLIANCE. But- " Mew's father raises his index finger to stop Natharine from interrupting him. " I like it when you called me 'dad'. " Alpha Lexin waved his hand for goodbye, leaving the leaders to rest.

Natharine withdraws his gripping hand on Mew's arm but his alpha quickly grabs it. Holding it tightly and looking at him with warmth.

"I'm sorry, I'm not used to being called a luna. I think I'm not ready yet. " Natharine explained, taking a deep breath and looking away.

Mew caress his lips and that made Natharine back his eyes to his mate again.

"I set up a meeting for the Carney clan, I am planning to ask them about you and punish them. " Mew said while staring at his mate's eyes. He can read his mate's emotion, the surprised look was seen and sadness too.

Natharine look away again,

His mind flashes the memory of his mother who cried in her hospital bed, kissing the handkerchief with star embroidery.

"Baby, I am the new head alpha now. I need to settle small things related to our circle, I have to fix small problems that might cause a great negative impact on our relationship. It's fine if you are not ready yet, you can talk to them whenever you feel like you want to, okay? " Mew explained and pull him into a hug.

Breathing synchronized, arms on each other's body.

Natharine keeps his silence. He doesn't know what to say to his mate.