03 - Unrequited hate

Tap tap tap

Eleonora groaned into her pillow, pulling up the covers over her head.
The sound had been going on for a while now but Fawley had no intention to inspect what it was.

She felt a poke in her arm and the girl peeked out of her cover.
Curly hair masked the intruder's face but Eleonora had no need for one.

"Hmm?"
Eleonora had to question the girl again as she couldn't make out the words spoken, her eyes fighting to stay open.

"Is that your owl?", Hermione spoke, pointing in the direction of the window.

Fawley glanced at the window. Sure enough, it was Hermes, impatiently tapping it's beak against the the foggy glass.

Eleonora groaned, pushing herself off the bed and towards the window.
The owl flew in through the open gap, circling around the room before settling on her table.
He stared at Fawley with his big black eyes and the girl rolled her eyes.

"Sorry about that".
She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, muffling a yawn as she walked back to her bed.
"I'll keep the window open next time".

She folded up her covers, pulling on the sheet to remove the wrinkles and fluffed her pillows at the end.
She grabbed her toiletries, glancing at the girls who just stared at her.

She couldn't read Hermione's face, her expression seeming odd for reasons unknown to Fawley but Lavender Brown did not attempt to hide the displeasure on her face.
Eleonora had the courtesy of meeting the girl the night before and it didn't take very long for her to realise that Lavender too shared the same thoughts of some others about her.
A minion of Bellatrix Lestrange. Some going as far as to say that Eleonora was her daughter.

Outrageous as they seem, Eleonora had no way of proving them wrong and as long as they kept it to themselves and did not pester her life with it, Fawley did not plan on taking it personally.

Eleonora raised her brows questioningly and the two girls took their cue to turn away, resuming to either brush their teeth or look for clothes.

She made her way to the bathroom, the watchful gaze of her room mates burning a hole into her back.

•~~•

Her first lesson that day was Transfiguration and while she had learnt the subject in her first years at her old school, Eleonora was more than just nervous.

She walked into the classroom after repeated trips around the school, getting lost multiple times and bumping into seniors who were far from welcoming.

She could only be thankful that she had started her day extra early, making sure to get to her class with minutes to spare.

•~~•

"I swear it had been just a dream".

"Can't believe professor Dumbledore would allow someone like her to roam around Hogwarts".

"Ronald!".

The boy frowned at the girl, shrugging at her outburst. "You agree, don't you Hermione?".

Ron Weasley turned to glare at the girl who was seated by herself.
She kept her gaze down, black mass of hair shielding her face. Students automatically strayed away from where she sat.

"What was he even thinking?".

Ron sneaked a glance at his friend. Harry was staring at the girl as well, his gaze hard and brows furrowed.