07 - Boggarts bugger off

A lesson she was extremely looking forward to was Professor Lupin's. The excitement had her waking up at the crack of dawn and arriving to class way before the intended time.

Eleonora placed her books on a nearby table in the empty class and walked to the window. She scanned the scenic view before her eyes, the warmth in her chest spreading to her arms in a heat flush.

It hadn't been very long since she'd been in Hogwarts but things were starting to look up. Her room mates weren't much of an eyesore and Lavender always stayed out of her way. Granger, to some extent, tried to be nice. And Cedric and Bea were more than any friends she could ask for.

Releasing the cornish pixies back to the forest had been an experience she would never forget and it wasn't just because the pixies had picked up Conan by his ears and dropped him on the branch of a very tall tree. No - it wasn't just that. But it no doubt made Eleonora feel happier than she should have. And the memory naturally brought a smile to her face.

"Hi Eleonora".
The said girl clutched her chest as the sudden intruder surprised her. Elen turned to the girl, managing to smile despite her racing heart.

"I couldn't introduce myself before", the girl spoke. "I'm Sylvie".
Eleonara smiled, taking Sylvie's hands in hers as she introduced herself.

"So you're making friends here?".

Eleonora shrugged. "I guess".

Sylvie nodded, her grip on her books tightening as she seemed to be in obvious deep thought. A smile - almost dreamy- erupted in her face as she spoke her next words without a moment's hesitation.
"How long have you been friends with Cedric?"

"Sorry?"
Eleonora, taken back by the words uttered, looked around the room as if anything in the class could make sense of Sylvie's words.

"You know". Sylvie wiggled her brows in amusement but Elen did not share the emotion.
"The boy you ran out of the great hall with. The Hufflepuff senior".

Eleonora hesitated, unsure of where this conversation was heading. "Not very long", she mumbled.

Sylvie's eyes lit up. As if the glare from the sun shining on the window was not enough, Sylvie's blue eyes shone even more like that of a pygmy puff.
"Do you think you could introduce me?".

Eleonora's gaze focused right on the girl, Sylvie's intentions being made as clear as the glass window Elen was leaning against. (And they were unusually clean considering how old the castle was).

"I'm only asking for a small favor Elen". Sylvie adjusted her blue tie in the reflection of the window. Her eyes rolled exaggeratedly as Elen took her time to reply.

"Sure".

Sylvie hadn't noticed the lack of emotion in Elen's voice but a grin was quick to grow.
Her squeal caught the attention of several students filing into the class room, their eyes going wide at the sight of Sylvie hugging the new girl.

She flashed a pearly white smile before bouncing off to her group of girls, their smiles mirroring Sylvie's as they assumed her attempt had gone well with Eleonora.
But it was far from that. The sinking feeling in her stomach was all too familiar to Elen as yet again, pure friendly gestures were not the case in that particular interaction from Sylvie.

The girl only sighed, disappointed with Sylvie's intentions. She turned to grab her books as the Professor walked into the room.

A momentary glance was thrown her way, a ghost of a smile on the professor's face as his eyes locked directly on hers. But he turned away just as they did, his attention focused back to the class as he called out instructions.
All the tables and chairs were cleared away by the students while Eleonora wondered why magic wasn't used to do the job. But nevertheless, the room was emptied in the middle and students walked forward with their wand in hand.