25. A fine reunion

The early morning chill was getting to her as Eleonora shuddered under her layered clothes while in the Great Hall. Hermione commented about the cold and the girl nodded, taking another sip of her soup as they had their breakfast that morning.

The highly anticipated day had arrived and passed swiftly and no amount of excuses or pleads had worked with Professor McGonagall as Eleonora had attempted to skip the event. She had been dragged along with the rest of the school to await the arrival of their guests from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.

Professor McGonagall had made sure the students had looked their best, even having asked Eleonora to ditch the sweater she had been wearing, which according to her was unflattering.

It had been dusk when Beauxbatons had first arrived and they did not miss to express their "magnifique" persona as they arrived in a powder-blue carriage drawn by twelve winged Abraxan horses. It had left the students in awe but Eleonora had seen them being bred in the academy and knew all too well that it was Madam Maxime's preferred form of travelling.
Following the headmistress, whose half giant appearance had initially shocked Hogwarts' students, the ladies and gents of the academy had walked in, dressed in their fine silk uniforms.

Eleonora had watched from behind a wall of students as they had sashayed into the Great Hall. She did not miss the lingering eyes on the Beauxbatons from the students of Hogwarts, especially on the ladies in their flowing blue dress.

The Durmstrangs had arrived fashionably later, in a ghostly ship that had rose from the water.
Eleonora had been impressed by the Durmstrangs, especially since Viktor Krum had joined too - an important detail that had sent several Hogwarts students, including Ron, to a state of euphoria. Their blood red robes and woolly fur hats had been a sight to see as they had passed through the crowd with barely a glance at the students.

With everyone having assembled at the Great Hall, the feast had then passed as Dumbledore announced more details about the Triwizard tournament and conversations had arose between the schools.

Promising herself that she would spare herself any drama or unfavorable encounters that night, Eleonora had been quick to slip out of the Great Hall once the feast had been over. And she had been successful so far.

But as Fawley sipped on her soup the morning after and watched a few students of Beauxbatons take their seats at various tables, she could sense the drama was not far away.

Hermione and Eleonora watched the students file in to the great hall in groups, mainly the boys from Durmstrang. No doubt, charming and handsome, the two teenage girls watched from afar as they mainly seated at the Slytherin table. The two girls shared short glances, smiling knowingly when their gazes fell on the group of boys. They continued to watch their guests, up until a group of Beauxbaton girls walked in and Eleonora's eyes lit up in recognition.

"Colette?"

"Hmm?" Hermione turned to the girl, barely hearing what Fawley had spoken. Eleonora rose to her feet, as she narrowed her eyes at the girl that had just walked through the door.

"Colette!"

The Beauxbaton girl, alerted by the sound, looked around the Great hall. Her eyes widened, as they fell on the girl waving her hand from a table and a squeal left her lips.

"Elen!" The girl rushed through the empty hall towards the corner where the Gryffindor table was arranged. At the same time, Eleonora hurried off the bench.

The two crashed into a hug and the girls broke into a fit of giggles as words did not make their way out.

"What are you doing here? You can't take part in the Games", Eleonora asked in disbelief, taking a step back from the girl.

Colette brushed back her blond hair and smiled widely. "I have come to cheer. Madame brought us three here. I am a pom pom girl". She waved her hands animatedly to show it.
"Others are here too. Lea and Renee".

"That's wonderful", Eleonora beamed. She placed her hands on the girl's shoulders and smiled. "It's great to see you again".

"Me too", Colette replied. She grabbed Elen's hands in hers, smiling wide at the girl.

Her excited jumps, however, came to a sudden stop as she looked towards the doors of the Great Hall. Her face fell as she looked back to Fawley. "I am sorry about what happened Elen".

"Nope!" Eleonora brought her hand to the girl's mouth, shaking her head in disappointment. "You've apologized enough Colette and even when it's not your fault".

"But Elise is here too".

"So what". Eleonora lowered her head to look the girl in the eye. "She's nothing". The girl smiled mischievously, which brought out the smile in Colette.

"You are not upset?"

"Ofcourse not Colette. And I'm sorry I didn't write to you ever since I left". She ran her thumb over the girl's hands soothingly, smiling apologetically. "You probably thought I hated you".

Colette was quick to shake her head. She brought Eleonora into a tight hug and Elen returned it, a wide grin growing on her face.

Pulling away, Eleonora turned to Hermione seated by the bench. She placed her hand on her shoulder and nodded in the direction of the Beauxbatons girl.

"Hermione! This is Colette. She's a friend from when I was in Beauxbatons!".