𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

Previously...

Seeing that reminded him of the time he lost someone who is very special to him. Lily Evans. The love of his life. In which he blamed himself for her death. He was the one who informed the prophecy to the Dark Lord. Her death was the reason on why he switched sides and became apart of the order of the Phoenix. Snape then started caressing her hand. “I know what it's like to lose someone who is very important to us. It's not very easy but we have to accept life that way. Even if it is hard.” He says as the girl nodded her head at that. “I know. I know. She's now in a better place now, but she'll always be there with me in my heart.” Y/n says as she placed her hand to her heart. Snape was about to say something until he gets interrupted by the knock on the door.
________

Snape then sighed in annoyance as his usual unreadable expression cross his face as he stood up as he made his way to the door. He opens the door quite forcefully only to be met by a Hufflepuff student. “What is it, Mr. Macmillan?” Snape growls at the student sounding absolutely furious. The Hufflepuff boy gulps. “Headmaster Dumbledore would like to see you and Ms. L/n, sir.” he slowly slowly says, hoping the professor won't take house points for knocking on his door. Snape sighs. “Very well, then. Now, go!” he snaps at him. The boy runs away from the dungeons. Snape then closes the door before walking towards Y/n as he then looks at her.  “Dumbledore wants to see us.” he tells her. Y/n then stood up from the couch. “Alright then, but before that, Professor, I need to get my iPad first just in case I need to do some research.” She says in a very formal manner as the man in front of her looks at her in a questioning manner. “Research? You can do research on the device, too?” He asks, confused yet surprised. Apparently, you can do anything on that thing. Y/n then nods her head.

“Yes, when it's necessary. You forgot I mentioned it earlier.” She says still in a very formal manner as Snape nods. “I apologize, it must have escaped my notice.” He says as he looks at her. Snape usually doesn't forget anything. His dunderhead students must have made him mental. “It’s fine, Professor, we tend to forget things sometimes. So it's normal. Besides, there is no such thing as a perfect person.” She says in a soft tone this time. Snape just look at her. She didn't said anything negative about it. She is really different from the students he teaches everyday. Normally, if someone have seen this they would laugh about it behind his back and throw insults at him.

Snape can't help but give her a small, grateful smile. “Thank you, Y/n. I appreciate it.” He says. “You’re welcome, sir.” Y/n says softly as she smiles very brightly at him. He then takes her hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. “Let us go then, shall we?” He suggests. “Alright then, but I need to get my iPad, Professor.” She says. The Head of Slytherin house then thought for a moment.  He thought about getting it for her himself which would be much more quicker. “Of course, how about I get it for you?” He offers.

That surprised Y/n. The Severus Snape asking if he could get it for her. This odd behavior of his still shocks her but she starts to get use to it quite a bit.  “Uhh... No, you don't need to. I don't want to waste your time anyway.” She says. “I insist.” He simply says as the girl then let's out a sigh. “Fine.” She says, at some point she won't win in an argument against him. Nodding, then Snape then goes to get the iPad that was in her bag in his room. He does it very quickly that Y/n barely blink. “Here you go.” He says as he hands her the device.

Y/n then gently takes it from him. “Uhh... Arigato (Thank you).” she says in Japanese. “Dou itashimashite (You are welcome).” He says, showing off his Japanese skills that he has learned from McGonagall. Who would have thought that it would become useful? Y/n was then surprised. He can understand japanese? This is something she that didn't  expect from him. “I think we should get going, sir.” She says very politely after awhile.