To Know You

Oliver sighed heavily, using whatever arm strength he had to roll further on to his side. His baby had dropped lower, grown bigger and more wiggly. A little foot happily kicking at Oliver's kidney. Oliver couldn't walk too far nowadays, nearing the end of his pregnancy. He felt his ankles would immediately swell if he walked farther then the distance to the bathroom or the couch. Laying on his back was a pain since it was harder to breathe that way, and he couldn't fully lie on his front because it was near impossible and ached something awful when he had tried. Being on his side would have to do with a mountain of pillows supporting his low back and hips.

Sebastian had just been in the room to make sure Oliver had everything the way he wanted; Oliver crying the other day because he was so tired and couldn't fall asleep because of the baby. Sebastian took the snapping and crying all in stride, comforting his mate and moving things exactly how Oliver wanted in the little nest in the corner of the room and on the bed he was on. Oliver would have been lying down in the nest, but there just wasn't enough comfort for his body. He was half tempted to get Sebastian to move the mattress down onto the floor and into his nest, but it was far too big and he'd have to make the nest larger. Making it bigger though set Oliver on edge, his instincts saying it would make it easier for someone to steal his baby. Which would be nigh impossible, Oliver knew, but alas the comfy mattress would have to stay where it was.

Gabe had called Oliver that morning, happily video chatting with baby Isabelle. She was the smallest, cutest thing Oliver had ever seen with a tuft of dark hair like Bennett's; Gabe adorning her with a sunflower head band that morning. She was in an adorable yellow onsie that matched, making sweet little whines at Gabe who loved nuzzling her. Oliver was pretty sure he was going to be the same way. Gabe had given birth to her about three weeks ago, calling Oliver the morning after in happy, exhausted sobs.

Oliver had asked about a million and a half questions about giving birth, hoping that part would be over as fast as possible. What Oliver was really frustrated about was Spencer. His friend hadn't texted him back in three days and Oliver was freaking the fuck out. Oliver called Ted who said Spencer was training with the warriors, but had been doing little else. Spencer had lost so much weight, Oliver felt bile crawl in his throat in fear. Alex's birthday was in less than two months. If Spencer didn't come back by then Oliver was going to take things into his own hands.

Oliver groaned unhappily at the ache in his side, trying to soothingly rub his belly to calm his pup down. A sweat had broken out on the back of his neck 15 minutes ago, making the pillow he was laying on damp. Getting hot flashes wasn't new to him, but Oliver really detested sweat soaked pillows. A throbbing ache had been in his back since that morning, Sebastian trying to relax the muscles there before he left. There was suddenly a clammy dampness under his thighs, Oliver whimpering as he shoved himself up so he was sitting on the bed.

"Give me a second little mister. I can't just run to the bathroom," Oliver heaving himself up with the help of the night stand that was right by him. The dampness clung to the inside of his thighs, Oliver gasping. The sheets were soaked in fluid with speckles of blood, a rippling pain going through his low back and pelvis. It knocked the breath out of his lungs.

Oliver! Honey, what's wrong? Sebastian's mark making him empathic to his mate, feeling when Oliver had strong emotions about something.

Seb, Oliver gasping in little breaths of air, Seb, the baby is coming!

Oliver couldn't stop himself from hunching over, barely able to stand with his legs feeling like jelly. Oliver sat back down on the damp, cold sheets.

There were loud, resounding howls coming from the pack lands, Oliver blinking away the fog that went over his eyes. His mate was coming. Holy crap, their baby was coming!