A Love Nest of Garments

Molly was bent awkwardly over the two, getting Oliver's vitals while in the crammed space of the makeshift cubbyhole. Sebastian was not going to move from his protective position, having growled and snapped at everyone that came too close; Molly included.

"I got it Seb!" Alex hurrying into the bedroom. Spencer, Ben and Will were standing against the bedroom wall like guards, ready to defend Sebastian and Oliver from anyone who dared to harm the two since they were both vulnerable at the moment. It was like an urge to protect that was so fierce it felt almost impossible to leave the room. It was rather alarming. Annabell was pacing and ringing her hands.

"If those people are the cause of this so help me," Annabell snarled darkly.

"His vitals indicate that he's in a coma-like state. He's not technically in a coma because he doesn't have brain or spinal damage as far as I am aware," Molly said seriously.

Sebastian had his nose buried against Oliver's scent gland, trying to see if he could detect what could be causing his mate's unresponsiveness.

Alex had torn through the cardboard box like tissue paper, a spiral bound laminated book plopping out.

Alex hurried to pick it up along with the folded paper that was inside. The group suddenly heard the main room door open and slam shut, hurried footsteps headed towards the bedroom. Spencer, Ben and Will stiffened, prepared to fight, but relaxed somewhat when they realized it was the king. He went over to comfort his mate, grimacing when he glanced over the dresser to see his son and Oliver on the floor.

"Sebastian," Alex began, reading from the piece of paper he picked up, "I was surprised to find only one reference book for submissive alphas (even though we have the third largest library in the world). The original book had damage, so it had to be restored and I had it translated to English. I sent you a copy version but it's not perfect since some damage was irreparable. I hope it helps and I would be very pleased to meet your mate and future consort. From your old friend, Haruto."

Everyone looked at each other, circling around Alex. Alex quickly flipped the book open to the table of contents.

"Let's see. Uh," Alex began, skimming over a few titles and saying the ones that sounded relevant or interesting, "Birthing, Claim Bite Symbols, Hormones, Mates, Mate Bonds, Nesting, Pregnancies, Scenting-"

"Flip to Nesting!" Spencer said quickly, everyone looking at him. Spencer flushed, curling in his shoulders.

"Haven't you guys ever watched the Discovery Channel?" Spencer grumbled, crossing his arms defensively. Alex rolled his eyes but flipped to the chapter regardless. Alex was a fast reader along with Annabell, the two skimming the chapter.

"Nesting is an important process for submissive alphas to partake in. It allows their submissive biology to feel safe while surrounded by a pack's scent," Alex read out loud. Alex and Annabell flipped through the pages.

"Building a nest is imperative and is an uncontrollable urge a submissive alpha will have. They will create their own space and start building their nest with scents that are comforting to them (various clothing items are the most common). The urge normally starts early on in the pregnancy, around week 12 or the beginning of the second trimester," Annabell read.

"Please note, it is not healthy for a submissive alpha to not have a nest. Preventing nest making can be detrimental and make the submissive sick. Severe trauma, stressful situations, and/or lack of food for extended periods of time will worsen the fatigue a submissive is in if they have not, or are unable, to make a nest. Sleep will help the submissive alpha, but in more severe cases they will end up in deep sleeps where they can not be woken; only a few minutes a day will they wake up and be lucid. If the case is severe, the submissive may not wake up until they give birth. Birthing complications may arise if this happens (refer to the Birthing chapter for more information)."