The Bitter Cold

Oliver's head hurt and his body ached. He was in a horribly uncomfortable position, his body jolting every so often because of some kind of bumpy terrain. His brain felt foggy, connecting a few pieces together, assuming he must have been in some kind of car. The next thing he realized was that his hands were tied behind his back. Oliver's eyes snapped open seeing a petite woman with long back hair smiling nastily at him. She had sharp features and pale skin; she was beautiful but the smile made her look demonic.

He was in a wagon that was made of wood, seeing two men sitting in the back with her and one other driving up front, Oliver hearing the clippoty-clop of a horse.

"I think introductions are in order, don't you?" The woman said, her voice sickly sweet, "I'm Jasmine and you, slutty worthless piece of shit, are not the mate to Sebastian Grifford. I am."

*
Sebastian had stayed a little longer at the ball, alpha Owen having already left. His parents had shooed him to get to Oliver, Sebastian questioning if the ball was even worth it since Oliver had been so shaken from it.

It was closer to midnight, Sebastian having stayed longer then he should have, his heart longing to curl around his mate in bed. Whispering sweet nothings to him and their baby. He didn't trust any of the northern pack members that were left and still under his roof though.

Sebastian had gladly left, the last of the northern pack trickling out. Sebastian hurried to his room, punching in the pass code. The room was dark, Sebastian assuming Oliver had already gone to bed. He hated that Oliver was stressed and that he hadn't eaten much for dinner; Oliver had been so nervous.

"Ollie, love, sorry I'm back so late," Sebastian whispered to the empty room, taking off his dinner jacket, laying it on top of the couch. He smelled something odd by the couch but ignored it in favor of falling asleep with his mate. Sebastian sighed tiredly when he opened the bedroom door, furrowing his brow in confusion. Oliver's bed was empty. Sebastian turned to look in his room that he hardly ever slept in. Oliver wasn't there. Sebastian looked in the bathroom, the kitchen, the living room again.

"Ollie?" Sebastian called loudly, the silence deafening in the room. Sebastian suddenly felt like his head was under water, his heart beating too fast.

"Oliver!" Sebastian shouted, his eyes frantic, calling for Oliver through their link. Silence. Sebastian shifted into his wolf, knowing his sense of smell was better in that form. Sebastian caught the scent of rose water, not able to place the scent. Oliver's scent was heavy in the room, but when he raced out to the hallway, it was almost like his mate's scent suddenly vanished. Sebastian was out of the mansion in minutes, racing to their little hideaway under the large oak tree. Sebastian was frantically calling for Oliver through their link, getting no response, a black blur within the forest. The area around the tree was devoid of anything, the grass and trees swaying in the icy cold breeze.

Oliver! Sebastian screamed, feeling like he was drowning.

Find Oliver! Look in every room! Sebastian demanded through the pack link, the full power of a royal alpha resonating dangerously in the link. Sebastian could hear his parents, his brother, his best friends, asking him what was going on.

Sebastian was shakily making it back to the mansion on unsteady paws. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't think. It felt like everything was turning gray. Sebastian barely noticed his parents racing outside towards him, Alex, Will and Ben close on their heals. Annabell dropped to her knees, Sebastian shifting, clawing at his mother.

"He's gone, he's gone. My Oliver. Someone took my mate, someone took them," Sebastian sobbed. Annabell was holding Sebastian to her tightly, her eyes blazing with fire as she looked up at Mark whose eyes had gone cold.