Conversations Shouldn't Be One Sided

Oliver popped his back, having taken a shower, making breakfast for him and Sebastian. Sebastian was sometimes up late in the night doing work, telling Oliver that unless Oliver was claimed by him and made his consort, Oliver couldn't be given any duties to help him. Oliver asked if they could just make it their little secret, secretly wanting to earn the things that had been given to him already; clothes, shoes, food, etc. Sebastian had laughed, hugging Oliver. It was the first time he did that and Oliver didn't completely hate it. In fact, the full body warmth and sparks were overly pleasant. So, sometimes, before Sebastian and Oliver went into their separate rooms for the night, Sebastian would hug him. Of course he'd ruin the moment by saying something corny and Oliver would call him out on it. 

Oliver found himself liking to make breakfast for Sebastian. It felt like he was doing something for the man at least. In fact, he saw Sebastian more as a person then a prince once he got to know him. Sebastian liked playing video games and reading, hiking and working out. They seemed to have more in common then Oliver realized. 

The king had apologized to Oliver for his behavior, Oliver surprised and a little touched. Annabell had told him he would need a check up with the doctor soon for a regular physical; Oliver knowing he was going to dread that. So far he has successfully avoided the doctor. Alex came to bother him all the time, the two actually getting closer to being friends. Will and Ben were like that in the same regard, Will and Oliver both exceedingly sarcastic to each other all the time.

Before Oliver knew it, he had been staying with Sebastian for the past four months. Sebastian let him train with the other alphas and betas in the pack, firmly believing that everyone should learn how to fight regardless of their secondary gender. Oliver was so relieved by that, getting to know a lot of warriors in the pack too. He doubted they knew he was a submissive alpha, Oliver making sure his scent markers didn't come out when he was pissed off or fighting; which made it easier to smell his submissive secondary gender. Oliver liked to think the warriors could like him for him without knowing he was a submissive. 

The thing that scared Oliver the most though, was he was falling in love with Sebastian. Which was a problem. If Sebastian ever figured out how worthless submissive alphas were, he would throw him away. That one thought always scared Oliver so much to his core, that it was hard for him to mention anything to Sebastian about his past with his old pack. The thing was, Sebastian never pried and Oliver loved him for it. Sebastian didn't treat him like glass, the two practice fighting together often, but seemed to be very content to fuss over him. In fact it seemed to make Sebastian very happy that he could fuss over Oliver. Oliver's head and heart were all over the place when Sebastian was like that.

"That smells good," Sebastian said with a yawn, coming over to snag a piece of bacon. Oliver scowled, smacking his hand, but Sebastian already popped it in his mouth. Oliver rolled his eyes, unable to stop the smile on his face, placing a plate of food in front of Sebastian, sitting down with his own. 

"I'm going down to the archives today," Sebastian said. Oliver slowly put his fork down, looking nervously away from Sebastian. 

"Ollie, whatever you think I'm going to find about submissive alphas down there, it won't change how I feel about you," Sebastian said. Oliver looked back at Sebastian in surprise, feeling heat in his cheeks. Sebastian had started calling him Ollie a few weeks back, Oliver feeling his heart somersault when he did that. Oliver wanted to ask Sebastian what feelings the man had for him, but that would mean Oliver would have to share his own too. They did everything as close to equal, that Oliver was touched half the time by the sentiment. No one in his old pack behaved like that. Sebastian had reached over to squeeze Oliver's hand.

"What if it does?" Oliver said quietly, "what if-" 

"How about no more what ifs for the day?" Sebastian said. Oliver looked up into those endless dark blue eyes, looking away before he did something crazy. Something he had been dying to do since the man had called him Ollie. The two finished breakfast, hearing the elevator ding and someone punching in the numbers for the pass code. Will came in, waltzing with an imaginary person.