xi.

••

••

"Wanna explain to me how you're both alive?" Alice asked after Bella had released her from their hug.

"What?" Bella asked, confused. "I saw a vision of you both. Bella tried to jump off a cliff and Genevieve tried to stop her but you both fell! Bella why in the hell would try to kill yourself?" She exclaimed, grabbing onto her shoulders and shaking her slightly.

"I wasn't trying to kill myself! I was cliff jumping, recreationally," She explained. "Oh so that's what we nearly drowned for?" I asked, crossing my arms and looking at her. Alice looked over to me, taking in my tense posture.

"And you're alive too, thank god," She said, pulling me in for a hug. I didn't make a move to hug her back, too conflicted on her presence. She picked up on this, and she quickly let go of me, her eyes having an unreadable emotion behind them.

"It was fun," Bella said, smiling slightly. "It was?" I asked, as if she forgot we nearly died because of her stupidity. I shook my head and made my way upstairs to change and dry my hair a bit while they continued their conversation.

••

I looked at myself in the mirror, dark circles laid under my eyes as though I hadn't slept in ages.

"Who's the vamp downstairs?" I heard a voice ask from behind me. I jumped what felt like 5 feet in the air. "Damon what the hell?" I asked, looking at him behind me in the mirror. He said nothing in response, waiting for my answer.

"It's my ex-boyfriend's sister," I answered curtly, not willing to touch more on the subject. I walked around him and back down the stairs where Alice and Bella were sitting on the couch, deep in conversation.

"Bella, what is that god awful wet dog smell?" I heard Alice ask Bella, her face contorted into one of disgust.

"That would be the pet doggy friends they've made while you've been gone," Damon smartly remarked, walking into the room from behind me. Alice and Bella looked over quickly to the unfamiliar voice. "So is this the boyfriend I've been seeing in my visions?" Alice asked cooly, not giving him a second glance. Damon scoffed at her, my eyes widening at the accusation.

"Not that I need to explain myself to you," I began, my eyes steely as I looked down at her on the couch. "But this is my friend, Damon Salvatore." I was angry, furious even. Every emotion, all the anger, sadness, confusion, all bubbled to the surface in the presence of Alice. I wanted to scream, yell, cry, ask why over and over.

"We'll talk about this later," She curtly stated looking back at Bella who sat in front of her. "Now what about these 'doggy' friends?" Alice asked Bella, an eyebrow quirked in curiosity. "Jacob is kind of a werewolf," She stated simply, looking away afraid of her reaction. Alice groaned, shaking her head in disapproval.

"Bella werewolves are not good company to keep,"

Better company than you ever kept. I was glad Edward wasn't here to hear my snarky thoughts.