vi.

••

••

"I got it!" I yelled, running down the stairs at the sound of the doorbell ringing. I approached the white-painted door and opened it gingerly.

"Hello darlin'," A smirk was plastered on his pale face as I moved aside to let him in. "Oh, who's ther- well my, my, Gen you've never brought home such a handsome boy," My mother remarked as she made her way into the front room where we both stood.

I mentally cringed at the comment as Jasper gave a light chuckle from his place beside me. My face became the color of a tomato as my mother reached out her hand to greet Jasper. Jasper faltered a bit before finally grabbing onto my mother's outstretched hand.

"Oh no it must be chilly outside, Gen go get the poor boy a blanket," My mother demanded while silently chiding me for my lack of house manners. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Mom this is my friend Jasper, Jasper this is my mother Rebecca," I said introducing the two. My mom giggled at Jasper's head nod towards her. Wow, I think my mother might actually have more of a crush on him than I do.

Crush? What an ironic word to give someone we like. A crush can have the power to literally crush your feelings if they wanted.

I grabbed Jasper's cool hand in mine and lead him up to my room. It was sort of plain really. I still hadn't finished unpacking everything so the room sat a bit bare. At least my mattress actually had a frame now instead of being on the ground. The walls were white with only a few pictures strung around the room. My bed sat in the corner of the room, covered in a grey patterned duvet.

I sat atop my bed, grabbing my remote and turning on a random channel for us to watch. I patted the spot beside me, beckoning him from his spot of awkwardly standing at the doorway. As we began to watch some reality show I begin to feel Jasper's stare into the side of my face.

"Is something the matter there creeper?" I asked him, sarcasm dripping from my tone. The blonde only chuckled and sat up from his place on the bed to look me in the eyes.

"I want to know more about you Gen, I barely know anything. You don't seem to share much," He finished while still maintaining eye contact. I thought for a moment, I guess I didn't really really anyone much. I sighed and sat up to look at him.

"Okay well, here's a brief synopsis on my life so far," I began and Jasper watched me intently, listening to every word I was saying. "I was born here in Forks as well as my older brother Tyler. We moved to Virginia shortly after I turned 5. I didn't really have a lot of friends there, only Stella and Sam,"

Sam. I still hated the bitter taste it left in my mouth to even talk about him. This was the first time I ever talked about it to someone other than Stella or Tyler. Even then I had only glossed over the details.

"Stella and I remained best friends from elementary school all the way until I moved, we've sort of been out of contact since. I miss her I do, but we both have our own lives to live. And Sam," I paused thinking carefully of what I was going to say next. Were we even close enough as friends to share something so personal? What am I even talking about? It was only one time that anything ever happened, the rest of our relationship he had been completely normal.