xvi.

"I can't go too Jas, it'll be easier if Bella and I separated, they want us both," I said shaking my head

"I can't go too Jas, it'll be easier if Bella and I separated, they want us both," I said shaking my head. Jasper and Emmett were standing in front of me as we stood by the Jeep outside of Bella's house. Bella was inside trying to convince Charlie that she needed to leave for a while while Edward was in her room helping her pack some things.

I really hoped she wouldn't hurt him too bad. I knew it would be safer for Bella and I to split up that way it wouldn't be as easy to get to us both. Jasper shook his head disapprovingly not liking the sound of me staying here where Sam or James could find me easily.

"She's right you know, they're worse off if they're together," Emmett sounded hesitant, not wanting to anger his brother by being on my side. Jasper only stiffly nodded as he held on tighter to my shoulders.

I quickly looked behind me towards the woods feeling as if someone already had their eyes on me. I shook off the feeling not wanting to think about it any longer.

I looked over to where I heard the front door slam shut. Bella looked over and nodded at me to get into the truck. I nodded and quickly left Jasper's side and began walking towards the truck. I hopped in the passenger seat as Bella slammed her bag between us and peeled out of the driveway towards the Cullen's house.

I let out a huff feeling the emotions from today finally overwhelm me. There were 4 killer vampires out to get Bella and I. I looked out of the window, refusing to let my tears fall from my eyes. I shook my head and looked over at Bella. Jasper and Edward were driving in the Jeep behind us as Emmett stood guard on top of the truck.

"How did you convince Charlie to let you leave?" I asked her. I knew Charlie wasn't the kind of dad to just let her leave like that without good explanation.

"I told him that I needed to get away from him," She began, pausing to let out a shaky breath. "Before I got stuck there just like my mother," She finished making me let out a small gasp.

"What the hell happened to not hurting him?" I asked her incredulously. Poor Charlie probably thinks he's a horrible father and the reason she wanted to leave so badly. She shook her head letting her own tears fall down her cheeks.

"He'll never forgive me for that," She huffed, gripping the steering wheel tighter in her grasp. I didn't know what to tell her, frankly, I didn't know if he ever would either. I knew I would never be able to forget if someone ever told me that.

I looked out of my window to see our group of friends all laughing and smiling together as they walked out of a restaurant. I shook my head feeling my chest tighten at the sight.

"That was supposed to be me," I muttered under my breath feeling a small tear break free. I watched wishfully, wishing I was one of them down there. As much as I loved the Cullen's, I knew I could never live like that with them. I wanted that so badly, to be a normal teenager.