v.

••

••

December

"I'm gonna glide around here like none of these people have ever seen before," Eric claimed in a confident voice as we strolled away from the boothe.

"Oh I'm sure you are," Jesicca muttered, making the rest of the group laugh. We all sat down on the bench beside the cold rink to put on our skates.

"You need help with those?" I heard a deep voice ask from beside me. I rolled my eyes and turned my head to look at an amused Damon.

"I am perfectly capable of putting on a pair of ice skates thank you very much," I sassily retorted. He only held his arms up in defense causing me to chuckle.

Mike, Jessica, Angela, and Eric had somehow all convinced me to go ice skating with them. Of course I wasn't going to 5th wheel so I convinced Damon to come along as well, much to his dismay.

Of course as usual I had tried to convince Bella to come out and skate with us all a million times. But she's not even speaking to me anymore. When will it get any easier?

"You okay?" I heard Jessica ask from the other side of me. I looked over at her to see her giving a concerned look. I give her a tight smile and nod my head as I finish tying up my skates. The other four make their way onto the rink as I sit unmoving.

"You gonna just sit there and stare at the ground or are we gonna skate?" Damon asks me now standing in front of my sitting figure on the bench. I look up at him closely.

He wore his regular tight fitting black shirt, but had a long cotton coat draped over him. A red plaid scarf was wrapped around his neck. He was now wearing a pair of solid black ice skates unlike the white ones I had gotten. His dark hair was laying against his face, contrasting with his light eyes.

"Does it ever get easier?" I ask looking into his eyes. He looked taken aback by the question for a moment before speaking up.

"No," He simply answered. I nodded my head slowly, looking down at my fidgeting hands. I looked up into the sky, seeing a light flurry was beginning to coat the whole park, making the ground glisten below.