xv.

"It's time!" Alice called out into the field as soon as the first crack of thunder was heard

Rosalie stepped up to the batter's plate first. Her eyes narrowed on Alice who was pitching. She tapped her bat onto the plate a couple of times before assuming her position.

Alice swiftly kicked her leg into the air and launched the ball in our direction. I flinched a second, not having time to process that Rosalie had already hit the ball and had begun running through the bases. My eyes widened at the sight of everyone quickly running.

"Okay, now I see why you need the thunder," Bella told Esme in amazement. I couldn't help but nod my head in agreement. The ball went hurdling into the forest behind us. I was sure no one would be able to catch it on time to strike Rose out.

I saw Edward quickly turn towards the forest and dart for the ball. Rosalie was ticking through bases faster than I could even follow.

"That's gotta be a homerun right?" Bella asked us both. "I mean there's no way Edward can catch the ball and run back to the base before Rose gets here," I muttered in disbelief. Esme pursed her lips and shook her head slightly.

"Edward is very fast," She said giving Bella a small smile. Just then I felt a cold arm snake around my waist. I looked up to find the same familiar topaz eyes I'd grown to love. He gave me a small smile as he fiddled with the baseball bat in his other hand. We both refocused onto the scene in front of us.

Rose was close to the home base where we stood. Edward was still nowhere to be seen with the ball. Suddenly I noticed a ball come hurling at the four of us from the woods.

Well, I guess he found the ball them.

Esme quickly assumed her position to catch the incoming ball. As quickly as Esme caught and dropped the ball to the base, Rosalie came sliding in only a millisecond after Esme. I shook my head in disappointment, sad that she didn't make it on time.

"You're out," Bella sheepishly called raising up her gloved hand. I heard Emmett cheer like a banshee while jumping around in victory. Rose's face turned sour in distaste as she stood up and wiped herself down from the dirt. She shot one last dirty look towards Bella before going back to stand behind us.

"Babe come on it's just a game," Emmett said at the sight of his sour wife. I shook my head in amusement at the childish vampires. I'd grown to love all of these vampires and hold them all close to my heart, no matter how much trouble they were. Especially Jasper.

He seemed like the moon to my sun. He cooled me down, balanced me out. Before I was so uptight and unwilling to let myself go. He mellowed me out, he always knew just what to say, and when to say it. I admired that about him along with a long list of other things.

Carlisle was next to step up to the plate after patting Rosalie on the shoulder. He quickly assumed to his position watching Alice carefully. She did her usual swift motion of high kicking her leg before launching the ball towards us.