xii.

"One touch and Aro can see every thought you've ever had," Edward explains as I look at him

"One touch and Aro can see every thought you've ever had," Edward explains as I look at him. I swallow hard.

"You're quite the telepath yourself, Edward. Though... you can't read Bella's thoughts. Fascinating," He releases my hand and I let it fall loosely to my side. He then turns to Bella.

"I would love to see if you are an exception to my gifts, as well," He reaches for Bella's hand. She hesitates, does she have a choice? Aro laughs at her reluctance, further extends his
hand. Bella finally takes it. I look at her with wide eyes, terrified of the pale faces before us.

A beat passes as he holds her hand... confusion sweeping over him. He releases her, moves back to his chair, deep in thought. I shuffle slightly behind Alice now, wanting to melt away into the floor below. The blonde Volturi vampire gives me a sharp look, as if he thinks I'm about to run away. Yeah right, that wouldn't get me very far in a room full of vampires.

A moment of silence passes, my anxiety increasing with every nanosecond that passes by. "No!" Edward suddenly exclaims, his voice loud and booming. I jump at the sound, already on edge from the situation we were in. I watch as Edward rushes forward in front of Bella. The blonde girl only smirks in satisfaction.

"Pain," She mutters, so quietly I could barely hear. Edwards' pace suddenly comes to a halt as he falls to the floor, grunting in agony.

"Stop! Oh my god what are you doing?!" I exclaim, now stepping out from my spot behind Alice. Bella rushes forward to Edward, well at least attempts to, she's quickly stopped by the brunette vampire who was previously beside the blonde. Alice's eyes were wide with fear at the outburst.

Suddenly Edward stops thrashly on the ground, I assume she's stopped using her creepy powers now. "You bitch," I muttered though I knew she could hear me. I glared into her steel crimson eyes, every fiber of my being stopping myself from running forward and ripping her head off, but I knew I would only die in a matter of seconds.

"Would you like a taste?" She says smirking at me, her voice dripping with venom. "Jane-" The man who I'd come to know as Aro warned, but before she could finish she was already looking at me.

"Pain," She muttered again. I felt my whole body set on fire within seconds, though there was no fire in sight. My bones felt like they were all snapping at once, my heart felt like it was exploding over and over again, and my head felt like the pressure was going to win at any moment. I grab my head and fall to my knees, screaming in pain. Tears flowed from my eyes as I desperately scratched the floor to end my misery.

"Stop!" I heard a voice faintly yell, though it was probably louder, but my hearing was starting to give out on me. Then it finally stopped. I sit on my knees panting for a moment, processing what just happened. My cheeks were wet with tears and my whole body was covered in a cold sweat.

I felt a whoosh of air and a cold hand grab my shoulder. I look up to see Jasper, his eyes filled with concern, and anger. I was too tired to shove him away, so I accepted his help to stand up.