iii.

October

October

"I'll be out in a moment!" I call out to Jessica as I climb out her car. I look up at the familiar white paneled house. I sigh making my way inside. I see that Charlie isn't home at the moment. My heels click against the hard wood as I make my way up the stairs and towards Bella's room.

I knock lightly on the door only to get no response. I sigh and knock again, a bit louder this time.

"Bella please," I put my head against the door. She hadn't come out of the room other than to eat and use the bathroom, sometimes she didn't even do that.

"You can't stay in here forever," No response. I turn the knob and enter her room to see her still in the same spot I left her last time. She stood in front of the window facing the backyard, staring off into space.

I was so worried for her. She made no progress since the Cullens had left. The Cullens. I shut my eyes tightly forcing back my feelings. I had to be there for Bella right now. I needed to be strong for her. If she saw me hurting too, it wouldn't help her.

"It's been over a month now. You have to leave your room sometime Bells," I whisper softly walking over to her. She continues to stare off dazed. I crouch down next to the chair, still looking at her intently.

"Bella, I'm worried about you. Charlie is also worried sick. Do you know how it feels to have him call me at 2am for help with your night terrors?" I ask, desperately trying to get through to her. She gives no response per usual. I sigh and stand back up not wanting to leave Jessica and Angela waiting on me any longer.

"There's a halloween party tonight. There's a costume on your bed. You're welcome to come when you're ready. Take care of yourself please," I plead with her. I listen for another moment of silence before making my exit. I get back into the passenger seat as Jessica and Angela look at me expectantly.

"Still doing rough," I update them, not elaborating any further. I had tried to be there for her, and I understood the gravity of the situation. But I had to move on, I had to forget about it. I couldn't continue if I didn't. I wouldn't be able to cope.

Maybe she didn't seem to understand that, but she didn't have to. Nobody did. I knew I had to do this for myself. It still hurt. It hurt like hell. But I couldn't dwell too much. It was the only way to survive this.

-

"A cat huh?" I hear a voice say pointing out my costume and walking up beside me. I don't look and only take a sip of my beer ignoring the presence beside me knowing full well who it was.

"Oh cat got your tongue now? How ironic," He scoffed, taking a seat on the porch beside me. I look over to make eye contact with the familiar pair of ice blue eyes.

"I wish I could just forget everything. I wish I didn't hate my life. I wish I didn't have to rely on others for my happiness. I wish I wasn't me," I confessed, slightly slurring my words.