xiv.

••

••

Later that evening I laid sprawled across Bella's annoyingly purple bedspread. She was sat at the end of the bed on the phone with her mother.

I sighed as I laid on my back, eyes focused on the ceiling, staring intently at the indentations that covered the entirety of the ceiling.

"I'm really liking Forks," I heard Bella mutter from under her breath. I raised my eyebrows at the statement, wondering what her mother could've said for Bella to say that. There was a slight pause before Bella began again.

"Forks is growing on me," She claimed as a cheeky grin spread across her lips. I rolled my eyes and chuckled silently at the interaction. Her mother had no idea why she seemed to like Forks so much.

"No, what? A guy? No way," Bella stuttered quickly into the phone. I let out a loud laugh at the awkwardness of the conversation. I sat up quickly and yanked the phone away from Bella's grip.

"No way Renee. She likes Forks because of her hot best friend Gen," I said jokingly into the phone waiting for her reaction. A happy laugh came ringing from across the line which also sent me into another giggling fit. Bella rolled her eyes and took the phone back away from me continuing the conversation with her mother.

I laid back down in my original place on the bed reaching for my phone. My eyes widened at the home screen before clicking on the message.

'I'm visiting Forks soon. I hope to see you there.'

The message sent a subtle chill down my spine as I swiped it away, not bothering to respond. I don't care what he did. I couldn't care less. I'm already happy where I am and who I'm with. I don't need anyone trying to ruin that for me. Suddenly I felt a dip at the end of the bed and I quickly looked over towards the source.

"Holy fuck what the fuck!" I exclaimed loudly sitting straight up in the bed. I managed to hit the back of my head on the headboard in my moment of panic. I gripped the back of my head with my hand swearing silently under my breath. Edward held back a laugh at the panic looks on both of our faces.

"Have you ever heard of not being a creep and using the door?" I asked grumpily as I shot him a deadly glare.

"Sorry about that, I came to speak to Bella," He said casually dismissing my obvious distress. I rolled my eyes and stood up from the bed. "Well you two make out I guess, I'm gonna go home. See you at school Bells," I said sassily as I made my way out of her room. I heard Bella scoff before I made my way down the stairs and towards the front door.

"Leaving so early?" I heard a groggy voice ask from the kitchen. I raised my eyebrow at the voice.

I walked towards the kitchen door to be met with the tired eyes of Charlie. He was typing something on his computer looking intently at the screen. I glanced down at the watch on my wrist and back over him.